Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the community here, here's my issue. Few months ago I bought my 2015 fury and I absolutely love it. About a week ago when I hit 5th gear it will randomly bog down for maybe 5 seconds at most and the check engine light comes on, then shell run just fine. It might not do it at all or will do it a few times back to back within a few minutes. Wanna take a long trip here soon and wanna fix it before then. Any and all advice is much appreciated

·
Registered
248 Posts
New to the community here, here's my issue. Few months ago I bought my 2015 fury and I absolutely love it. About a week ago when I hit 5th gear it will randomly bog down for maybe 5 seconds at most and the check engine light comes on, then shell run just fine. It might not do it at all or will do it a few times back to back within a few minutes. Wanna take a long trip here soon and wanna fix it before then. Any and all advice is much appreciated
Bad fuel? Try fuel additive to possibly clean out the injectors ... it couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing happened on my 2011 Fury 3 years ago. Clogged fuel filter. By the time you run up thru the gears and hit 5th, the system has run out of fuel and fuel pump is starving and triggering the check engine warning. Try this - go out on an open stretch of road and run it up thru the gears at partial throttle to about 60mph. Then go wide open to 90-100 mph in 5th. If it starts bogging down, it's definitely the filter or the pump.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure which years but read up about the tank liner fouling the fuel pump. There is an article on this. Also it could be one of a hundred problems, leaking inlet, crank position sensor or poor connector on the injector and the list continues. The fuel pump was listed as an issue so good place to start and if not check and inspect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts