Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All. I was just wondering what really needed to be done for the initial service. I Just hit 600 miles. I have heard that I need to have the oil changed. What about the valves?? One dealer I called said that it is not needed and the other was going to look into it. I want to make sure that I get the right service for my bike. I am headed to Ocean City, MD for bike week on the 17th and want her to be running perfect. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreceiated.

Charles

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Find a dealer that follows the recommended service checks. It's in the owner's manual. Definately change the oil and check the valves.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Plus 1 2 3 4 5 and on, have the valves checked, if a dealer tells u different, find another dealer or tell that one he is full of crap! :mad:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Find a dealer that follows the recommended service checks. It's in the owner's manual. Definitely change the oil and check the valves.
Yep! all that.
The service mechanic also went over pretty much anything that could be loosened. Checked it all. Also the clutch, throttle, even the kickstand.
Shit, they charge enough, they should wash it too if you ask me.:D

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
1. Change the engine oil and filter.
2. Change the final-drive gear lube.
3. Check/set the tappet clearances.
4. Wash and shine the bike
5. You're done, and saved yourself a bunch of bucks!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
1. Change the engine oil and filter.
2. Change the final-drive gear lube.
3. Check/set the tappet clearances.
4. Wash and shine the bike
5. You're done, and saved yourself a bunch of bucks!

Cheers
yup. Bar's on target.
that wash and shine thing...seems like i do that alot.my car should be so lucky.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Took 4 days to get to my 600 miles service. No wash from Honda. They did a bunch of other stuff, though. Changed what needed changing, adjusted what needed adjusting. Harley dealer ALWAYS washes all of my Harleys (4). Fury is still the most fun and easiest to ride on the twisties. Went down Hwy 1 in CA to way below Big Sur yesterday. Was in 3rd and 4th gear a lot and powering hard out of the turns. Got 153 miles MBL! Maybe that's how I should ride around town?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts