Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried a 7'' rim with a 240 tire on your fury? I have heard you can do this without changing the swing arm or any other modification?
I have seen this done on you tube but would like to talk to some one who has done this??

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Im going with the 7" rim setup for cost. I know a guy that builds fat tire kits and has the equipment to widen rims. Waiting hear back from him on a price to do the rim, but I'm getting married in August so it might have to wait for a few months. I'll be posting the progress once I get started. If you decide to go for it let me know how it works out. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That could be her wedding present to you!!
I have a set of RC Widdows on my bike and the rear just look small? I'm thinking of sending it out this winter to be cut and made to the 7'' with ,and re-chromed.
Some thing we just hide from our wives!!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I bought Billy's Kosman rim & used the metzler tire fills out good a little lower than stock profile no problems I believe only 1 inch less width than sumo. I have pics in my album.

·
Registered
497 Posts
1.5 inches & 2000 dollars!
Not that I wouldn't like to have 1.5 inches more.
That's what she said!!!!!
Doesn't sound like much but makes a HUGE difference. IMHO the 7" mod is a complete waste of money...you can't even tell the difference from stock wheel/tire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
so now after 6 emails to Sumo almost begging them for a shipped price of one of there kits including a front wheel to match given up

Also after 3 emails to kosman re the widening of my stock wheel ive given up aswell

not being funny but do these people not want business ive got cash waiting to buy the kit with front wheel sat here, I think after 6 emails someone would have come back to me even if only to say we dont ship to the UK pi55 off !!!

If anyones got a used sumo kit or Kosman wheel ILL BUY IT !!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
so now after 6 emails to Sumo almost begging them for a shipped price of one of there kits including a front wheel to match given up

Also after 3 emails to kosman re the widening of my stock wheel ive given up aswell

not being funny but do these people not want business ive got cash waiting to buy the kit with front wheel sat here, I think after 6 emails someone would have come back to me even if only to say we dont ship to the UK pi55 off !!!

That's messed up. I'll take all your money if you want, though. I can send you an old vtx1300c rear wheel that will be useless to you. Sound fair? I'll even include shipping to the UK!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,310 Posts

Not surprising, I find that a lot with both US and UK companies. I can't understand why they just won't ship to Australia, after all I'm paying the freight. I think they are just plain lazy and couldn't be bothered filling a 6 line customs declaration form. You have no idea how hard it is to get folks from the UK to ship parts for my Ford KA2....I'd better stop now or I'll put my bloood pressure up and no selling my KA is not an option as I like it too much.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Hey Mate,

I cant say enough good things about jeff n kurt from sumo-x.
if you are that keen on buying one dont bother with the emails,
call them and have a chat in person... thats what I did
and I had my fat tyre kit plus front rim in australia in less than 4 weeks!
I know after speaking to the boys they are always flat out with work,
and I could only imagine how many emails they would get...

the freight cost $1150 to australia plus i got hit with 15% on top

But hey the qualty of there stuff is Awsome and well worth it.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Hey Mate,

I cant say enough good things about jeff n kurt from sumo-x.
if you are that keen on buying one dont bother with the emails,
call them and have a chat in person... thats what I did
and I had my fat tyre kit plus front rim in australia in less than 4 weeks!
I know after speaking to the boys they are always flat out with work,
and I could only imagine how many emails they would get...

the freight cost $1150 to australia plus i got hit with 15% on top

But hey the qualty of there stuff is Awsome and well worth it.
THere ya go, give Kurt a call.

On a similar note ... my 240 tire came today, and my wheel ( shipped FedEx ) wasnt left, but a pick up note was. Ill have that Sat. morning. Im stoked!

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
THere ya go, give Kurt a call.

On a similar note ... my 240 tire came today, and my wheel ( shipped FedEx ) wasnt left, but a pick up note was. Ill have that Sat. morning. Im stoked!
oh man, chris...this sounds too cool. anxious to see the final install!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts