Here's the list of items needed ffr:

Hammer
#1 & #2 Phillips Screw Driver
Pick w/ sharp point
#1 & #2 Flat head screw driver
Long Pry Bar Angled End
Pliers
1/2" Socket Extension (6")
1/2" Socket Wrench (short and long grip)
5mm allen wrench & or socket
6mm allen wrench & or socket
14mm allen wrench & or socket
3mm allen wrench (stem set screw)
12mm socket
14mm socket
17mm socket
30mm socket
29mm or 1.125" socket (for stem bolt)
10mm Wrench
12mm Wrench
14mm Wrench

Packing foam or Micro Fiber Towels to protect tank
Zip Lock Bag
Painters Tape
Bearing Grease
Dot-4 Brake Fluid

For more detail on extender installation, watch the video for the 1" extenders.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Question

Question...... The fury has a 38 degree rake from factory. So with your new trees what is the new rake degree angle?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Question...... The fury has a 38° rake from factory. So with your new trees what is the new rake degree angle?
Here is the low down I got from Chris, the new tree's are 8° out from our Fury stock tree's and the rake is at a 46° angle now... :confused: I am going to check on this when I get home. I could have misunderstood him as well as somebody was talking to me at work at the same time.

Also, he said that his mechanical guy's did a digital readout on the Fury's tree's before they replaced them. Supposedly, the Fury's stock tree's are supposed to be @ 6° out and Low and Mean measured them at 5° (so it would actually be 37°?, but that too would change theirs to a 45° final rake)...? Don't know if anybody want's to help me out in getting another measurement on stock tree's or not, but it would be helpful... I'll try to do something with the L&M measurements tonight if I get a chance... going to buy some camping gear and food tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Wow you got the set up and don't know what your running??? LOL :p

Are you saying we still don't know what they are selling for $700?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
maybe bump all original threads

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
40 degrees rake. 32 in the head, 8 in L&M tree= 40. They replace the 6 degree stock tree, with their 8, a gain of 2. The other stretch effect comes from the extenders, which affects the trail number and extended look.
Someone posted in the beginning that it would add another 8 degrees, which was incorrect. Also incorrect was L&Ms machinist, stock is 6 degrees, not 5.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yeah... what Mental said... I second that. Thanks Mental!!! :cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
40 degrees rake. 32 in the head, 8 in L&M tree= 40. They replace the 6 degree stock tree, with their 8, a gain of 2. The other stret:cool::cool::)ch effect comes from the extenders, which affects the trail number and extended look.
Someone posted in the beginning that it would add another 8 degrees, which was incorrect. Also incorrect was L&Ms machinist, stock is 6 degrees, not 5.
Okay, I challenge you mental as you are just reading numbers off of fact sheet and I am hearing straight from. The horse's mouth... I would like you to take a stock fury and actually do this test on it for the 6 degree rake vs. 5 degree rake, I bet that you will find it to actually be 5 degrees ... if. I am wrong, I will PayPal you 100$ for your time... if I am wrong, you have to do the same for me....:cool: the other I will investigate further tomorrow on my day off...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
40 degrees rake. 32 in the head, 8 in L&M tree= 40. They replace the 6 degree stock tree, with their 8, a gain of 2. The other stret:cool::cool::)ch effect comes from the extenders, which affects the trail number and extended look.
Okay, I challenge you mental as you are just reading numbers off of fact sheet and I am hearing straight from the horse's mouth... I would like you to take a stock fury and actually do this test on it for the 6 degree rake vs. <5.49 degree rake, I bet that you will find it to actually be 5 degrees ... if I am wrong, I will PayPal you 100$ for your time... if I am wrong, you have to do the same for me....:cool:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
OMG Mental your reading from an actual fact sheet??? The same sheet the Honda R&D team spent years developing and built this complete Fury with??? I bet Honda messed up huh RSS?? Honda has no clue what they are doing..............
No RSS is not wrong... he heard the info from someone that is advertising a 8 degree rake... which states 2 degree increase from stock... so every manufacture for this bike is lieing to us... Honda giving us a 5 degree rake bike and L&M selling RSS a 7 degree rake kit... That is what I am reading MFR!!!

Oh and by the way RSS... You may want to read that comment you made again... you state that you are wrong already by your bet with Mental.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I Accept; I will just have to get a pay-pal account to receive the money. As proof I will send you a copy of an E-Mail from Craig Hagest of L&M stating so. Fury is 6 degrees stock, gain in tree is 2 degrees, their guy made a mistake in measuring the stock tree. PM me with your E-Mail address so I can get this right out to you. Before you call me out, you had better be absolutely sure of your facts!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Mental go to www.paypal.com easy to set up, there is a delay waiting for paypal to do the 2 deposits so you can confirm your bank account, but he can deposit to mine and I can forward you the money ;)

MFR paypal: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
IDK, kinda sounds defensive to me. Maybe someone is not quite happy with his new 8* trees.........

1 - 20 of 50 Posts