Honda Fury Forums: banner

$8 helmet lock

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Shorty Steve 
#1 ·
well for whatever reason stolen helmets seems to be a theme this year at the Jersey Shore. I didnt get a helmet lock with my bike so i figured time to think of something before my helmet is next. Long story short I walked into Home Depot this morning and pick up a 2 foot piece of clear insulated cable and a small black master lock. When I got home I looped the ends of the cable and there is it. when I leave the bike the helmet is locked up under the horn and hanging from the peg. when Im not using it, it easily fits behind the right side cover behind the exhaust. (I later trimmed the cable to 1 foot. 2 feet was way too long)

See less See more
#5 ·
$30 should get you the lock you're missing and keep the look cleaner and less hassle than toting a cable with a padlock:

When ordering, submit your key code (three digits stamped on the key) so you get a lock that matches your ignition key.

Attachments

#6 ·
That assy is suposed to be part of the bike (unless you bought it used).
I would talk to the dealer and get one for free. or I could send anyone that wants one mine (can't use it because of the saddle bags).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.