Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for some chrome covers to go over the filter itself, (not throttle body cover) for your 90 degree intake. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
889 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
would it change that if you add the L&M adapter? That makes all regular filters work I think. I know the fuggin mayhem pipes work with that and the D&M spike filter.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I checked out about 25 pages and did not see anything that would work with the Fuggin. Not sure what your thinking "matie"
This one doesn't work??

or this one...

or this one...

or this one...

Same web page...

·
Registered
889 Posts
Are you looking for a sleeve to go over the red filter that would give it the spiral look like the D&M's (?) filter? If so, that would be sweet. But no, I wouldn't know where to find it. I would think that anything that restricts air flow in any way would be a bad thing. The fury is down on hp enough without adding things to make it worse imo

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Thanks! Did you ever come up with anything on that fender I sold you?
I am shipping it off to Painter either later this week or next week. I sanded down the paint around the "screw hole" and I am in the process of filling it with "kitty hair", then I will send it to him to have him paint it the metallic silver, then he's going to put a light coat of clear on it, send it back and I will incorporate that into my new paint scheme here in a couple of months, hole free :D Might do an L&M fender as well for certain trips, determines if I like the design they come up with, but for now... this one will work, thanks for the fender btw!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Sounds cool. I have my rear fender the way I want it, so I gonna be patience for more front options.
Yea, I've seen pics of your rear fender, really dig it... was thinking before I send him the fender, making it into the same point that I've been wanting since I first saw the bike, kind of like yours... You bike is looking good btw..

Also, I will probably go with the 240 mod that L&M came up with... trying to talk to RCComponents to come out with an over the counter version of what L&M is suggesting.

ATM, I'm making an aluminum bracket so that I can buy some LED lights and mount them on the back, kind of like RAW has... Will probably have to make a different bracket if I make the back pointed though, but it would be cool to wrap around the point back there...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I would price out the 240 that L&M does and compare it to everything that comes with the Sumo 250 kit. By the time you take it all into consideration of fendor, wheels etc. It may not cost much more to go with the 250. Referre to the 250 thread, I think Kenny is debating the same thing.:)
Yea, I've thought about Sumo's, but it's about 1k to 1.5k more to do it the Sumo way, but he does good work and it would definitely be a 250, not 220 (but it would still fill it in and give it the "appearance" of a larger tire"... but 1k to 1.5k in saving can go a long way towards my paint job or other mods... So, I'll probably stick with the L&M Mod... http://www.furyforums.com/forum/low-mean/1974-240-tire-modified-stock-rim-video.html

So far Fender: 95$
Paint by "Painter": A helper's discount ;)
LED's, 130$
L&M's mod: 850$
Total: 1075$ + Custom paint (designs in paint)<500$
Overall total: 1575$
or RCComponents Rim (if they design a 7" rim), $1500-$2000 + Tire and mounting 250-300$
Total: 2025$ + Custom paint (designs in paint)<500$
Overall total: 2525$ - $3025

Sumo's Design total minus Customized paint (designs in paint): 2559.95$ +<500$
Overall Total: 3059.95$

Minus all taxes of course....

Your right if I go the route of RCComponents and use their rim, but if I do it simple and keep the stock fender, L&M's mod looks to save me about 1500k overall...

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yea, I've thought about Sumo's, but it's about 1k to 1.5k more to do it the Sumo way, but he does good work and it would definitely be a 250, not 220 (but it would still fill it in and give it the "appearance" of a larger tire"... but 1k to 1.5k in saving can go a long way towards my paint job or other mods... So, I'll probably stick with the L&M Mod... http://www.furyforums.com/forum/low-mean/1974-240-tire-modified-stock-rim-video.html

So far Fender: 95$
Paint by "Painter": A helper's discount ;)
LED's, 130$
L&M's mod: 850$
Total: 1075$ + Custom paint (designs in paint)<500$
Overall total: 1575$
or RCComponents Rim (if they design a 7" rim), $1500-$2000 + Tire and mounting 250-300$
Total: 2025$ + Custom paint (designs in paint)<500$
Overall total: 2525$ - $3025

Sumo's Design total minus Customized paint (designs in paint): 2559.95$ +<500$
Overall Total: 3059.95$

Minus all taxes of course....

Your right if I go the route of RCComponents and use their rim, but if I do it simple and keep the stock fender, L&M's mod looks to save me about 1500k overall...
I just read a magazine comparison of the Fury, Harley Rocker C, Victory Vegas Jackpot, and the Star Raider S. The fury was rated the best handling bike in the turns and it was because all of the others had wider rear tires. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. But I don't think I'll be spending any money to make my bike handle worse.... Just my thoughts...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I just read a magazine comparison of the Fury, Harley Rocker C, Victory Vegas Jackpot, and the Star Raider S. The fury was rated the best handling bike in the turns and it was because all of the others had wider rear tires. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. But I don't think I'll be spending any money to make my bike handle worse.... Just my thoughts...
220mm compared to 200mm... wonder what the difference in handling is between the two...? I agree with you though, love the handling this bike has and would hate to lose any of that ability, if there's no noticable difference from 20mm though, will probably go with either the L&M mod or their lowering kit or sumo's when it comes out... just hate that big ass gap back there... Which magazine was that btw?... would be a nice read.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yea, I hear ya on that one... The problem is, is that mine's a daily driver... once you get out there and have a chance to put some serious numbers on it... would love to see what you think about the feeling of it with the 250 on it. I already have 9700 miles on my bike, so I can't sacrifice too much of the handling ability for looks. Love my curvy roads after all :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
220mm compared to 200mm... wonder what the difference in handling is between the two...? I agree with you though, love the handling this bike has and would hate to lose any of that ability, if there's no noticable difference from 20mm though, will probably go with either the L&M mod or their lowering kit or sumo's when it comes out... just hate that big ass gap back there... Which magazine was that btw?... would be a nice read.
not sure what the difference would be for 20mm. the others in the review were 240 and bigger. here is a link to the article.
Factory Custom Comparo: Harley-Davidson Rocker C, Victory Vegas Jackpot, Star Raider S & Honda Fury

·
Registered
497 Posts
not sure what the difference would be for 20mm. the others in the review were 240 and bigger. here is a link to the article.
Factory Custom Comparo: Harley-Davidson Rocker C, Victory Vegas Jackpot, Star Raider S & Honda Fury
Author is obviously biased against tires larger than 200mm, calling them "nonsense"...haha.

I do agree with him though that the Dunlop Elite3 250 does has a very flat profile. If you see the E3 240 side by side with the E3 250 (*both on a 8.5" wheel) you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Great article, ryguy00; thanks for sharing.

Cheers
I honestly can't take the credit for that. My brother is looking for a Harley Rocker and while helping him search, I stumbled across that article. If I had my pick of bikes from that article (don't forget I already have a Fury) I'd go with the Victory. Hands Down! But I wouldn't let my Fury go in order to get it.:cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts