Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was headed too rally Friday got cut off in the rain went down going 60 . Ground about half my footpeg off on left side (good thing I didn't put my new foward controls on ! Decided 2 wait till i got back ) and road rasped the bottom of my cobra swept pipes . Can a guy just buy just the Chrome heat shield or does he have too buy a whole new set of pipes? Anyway just bruised my elbow thanks too a good jacket no road rash . Slid about 100 feet on my back . Down the shoulder of the road not one person stopped too ask if I was ok.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Man that is incredible that you only got a bruise - count your blessings on that but I'm sad to hear that people saw you go down and didn't stop to help.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to read that things didn't turn out as bad as they could have, and also glad to hear that you didn't F up the new forward controls, and I'm sure you can call and talk to them about purchasing just the heat shields I'm sure they would sell them to you.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! Yes i got lucky for sure . I don't get people if I seen that happen I would stop and see if I could help. Guess that's just me tho

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Wow man that really sucks! Most importantly you are okay. I would hate to lose the bike at any speed, let alone 60 mph. You’re a lucky man. What else will need replaced on the bike? Only one person would stop, that’s insane.:mad: I would have pushed the bike back out in traffic and made’em all stop. Again, most importantly, you are okay.:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Glad to hear your OK!:D Your right about no one stopping too! Today no one gives a rat's a$$ about anyone but themselves,and don't want to get "involved!":( If they cobra won't sell you the shields,I would go to a diffrent company for pipes! Had it just started raining? That's when the road surface is slickest. If it rains,(as a rule) I'll let it rain for a while before driving,as this washes off some of the surface oil,off the pavement. And avoid the center lane (grease line) at all cost. Glad your ok. Ron

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just the heat shield and the foot peg but I already have dlx foward controls that came in Thursday was going too put them on before I went but decided too wait till I got back . Good thing I did . Not a single person stopped . Just kept flying by at 70 throwing water all over me. Yes I was very lucky !

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Was headed too rally Friday got cut off in the rain went down going 60 . Ground about half my footpeg off on left side (good thing I didn't put my new foward controls on ! Decided 2 wait till i got back ) and road rasped the bottom of my cobra swept pipes . Can a guy just buy just the Chrome heat shield or does he have too buy a whole new set of pipes? Anyway just bruised my elbow thanks too a good jacket no road rash . Slid about 100 feet on my back . Down the shoulder of the road not one person stopped too ask if I was ok.
I had to wait for almost 4 months to get a new black shield for my swepts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Troop but they sold you just the shield ? If ya don't mind me asking what was the cost ? If its a lot I will just go some other direction

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Troop but they sold you just the shield ? If ya don't mind me asking what was the cost ? If its a lot I will just go some other direction
Yeah but they told me they don't stock shields and had to have mine made. I think it was $185.00 +/- For the rear or shorter of the two.

Btw, glad your ok, I have OEM grip end caps if you need one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks troop I got a set of grips with my foward controls too match . I really appreciate the offer that's not too bad beats 600 for a new set and I can wait mine is not that noticeable unless its setting with the kick stand down then you can see where it scraped the pavement.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No it rode on the peg and bottom of pipe till it came too a stop then fell over in the soft mud . I just knew it took the whole side out tank and all I was really surprised when I picked it up and part of the peg was ground off and the bottom of the pipes where scratched just a small nick in the fork tube barely noticeable. I got very lucky the man up above was watching over me

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
The man above was definitely looking out for you; otherwise the bike would have been trashed.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Mykien, if you have trouble getting just a heat shield, let me know, I have a contact at Cobra. I can make a call and bitch at someone! Be glad, and I mean Glad, it's just a little bike damage. Luck was in your Bitch seat today.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you mental I really appreciate it . I emailed cobra figure it will be Monday before I hear anything back .I don't see why they wouldn't sell just the heat shield . Will let you know what I find out. Thank each and everyone of you guys! I appreciate the help and support I have gotten on this forum and if I can help any of you let me know . Be glad too do so

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
thank you mental I really appreciate it . I emailed cobra figure it will be Monday before I hear anything back .I don't see why they wouldn't sell just the heat shield . Will let you know what I find out. Thank each and everyone of you guys! I appreciate the help and support I have gotten on this forum and if I can help any of you let me know . Be glad too do so
If you call them I dealt with Andre in customer service, he was great and kept me up to date on my order.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts