Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really bored so I decided to photoshop a Fury. I blacked out a bunch of stuff and changed out the rear fender. Just googled rear fender and found the first one i could work with. But i think it turned out okay.. Low and Mean needs to finish that fender they were talking about!

Here's the original-

And here's what I came up with-

And for reference, here's the fender I used-

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Awesome photoshoping there actually!... Let me air it out before others do ... chill on l7M, the employee that qyuit welded some molds together that were used for fabrication.... so, they are gone now... just give them a minute... they should be back.....

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Looks Good!

Looks sharp
Chrome or black motor will make it all flow together/balance! IMHO!!

LOVE THE REAR FENDER!

Honda Marketing/R&D give Dare a call PLEASE! You could help them a bit! :):)

Looks cool Dare, thanks for posting your work so we can see something new!!

Led

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Wow very nice job. That really does look pretty dam nice and I applaud you efforts. That is pretty cool that you were able to pick up on this obvious flaw and make the necessary changes for a much nicer look. Here's my question to the rest of you. Why is it do you think that this issue with the rear fender and that nasty looking rear fender gap was not much of a concern to Honda when this bike was on the drawing board and in the design stages?. I'm just wondering what kinda of thought process went on and why someone wouldn't have taken a second look at this area of bike when it was in the early design stages. It just seems to me that you would have thought someone involved in the design process might have taken a little closer look at this area of the bike and questioned what would now appear pretty obvious to all us and Stevie Wonder and said ya know something just doesn't look right with this rear fender.......

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I think it has nothing to do with how it looks and everything to do with the engineers making sure the wheel did not bottom out on the rear mud guard (fender) in a full load maximum suspension travel situation. When you think about it the Honda engineers made it to work in as broad a range of situations as they could think of.

If you reduce the gap between the mud guard (fender) and wheel you limit the suspension travel and or weight capacity of the bike. None of which is a problem in a custom bike that may only carry a rider and may only be ridden on good roads and only a few times a year.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
chill on l7M, the employee that qyuit welded some molds together that were used for fabrication.... so, they are gone now... just give them a minute... they should be back.....
I know I know...But even before anything went down, they made all of us think these products would be out months ago. No disrespect to them though. I know they'll be back.

If you reduce the gap between the mud guard (fender) and wheel you limit the suspension travel and or weight capacity of the bike.
I don't think my 135 pounds could bottom it out, no matter what the settings :p

Thanks for all the comments! Any more suggestions I could work on later?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I know I know...But even before anything went down, they made all of us think these products would be out months ago. No disrespect to them though. I know they'll be back.

I don't think my 135 pounds could bottom it out, no matter what the settings :p

Thanks for all the comments! Any more suggestions I could work on later?
Looks great so far. If you're blacking stuff out, I think you should also do the headlight and motor fins... Also, I know there are engine cover kits out there to cover up the logos, hmmm, wonder what they'd look like in black?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sweet photo shop... can you do the engine? paint it black and leave the chrome covers and diamond cut the edges of the fins? give us more... haha. Looks Great!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wow very nice job. That really does look pretty dam nice and I applaud you efforts. That is pretty cool that you were able to pick up on this obvious flaw and make the necessary changes for a much nicer look. Here's my question to the rest of you. Why is it do you think that this issue with the rear fender and that nasty looking rear fender gap was not much of a concern to Honda when this bike was on the drawing board and in the design stages?. I'm just wondering what kinda of thought process went on and why someone wouldn't have taken a second look at this area of bike when it was in the early design stages. It just seems to me that you would have thought someone involved in the design process might have taken a little closer look at this area of the bike and questioned what would now appear pretty obvious to all us and Stevie Wonder and said ya know something just doesn't look right with this rear fender.......
Price points, pure and simple - sure they could've engineered a better looking fender, for a cost which they'd have to pass at least partially along - I'm neither condoning nor criticizing Honda's decisions, just sayin' that I think what they did was design it with the maximum number of things they felt american biker's would like and then just said "this is the point we have to stop and still be able to market the bike at $12.9k".

Personally I'd probably have paid more for the rear fender, blackened motor/polished fins and especially SIXTH GEAR!! But, I hate to say it, they probably made the right decision, marketing-wise. imho.

P.S. btw beautiful photoshopping Dare; wish to hell I could do that :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
I really like it, good work man. I like the black front end and the matte side covers

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The fender is great, just what I was wanting. I tried looking up fenders to see how one could bolt on but holy crap they are expensive.

On the subject anyone have detail pics on how the sumox fender is botled on? Is the stock support structure used?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fender is great, just what I was wanting. I tried looking up fenders to see how one could bolt on but holy crap they are expensive.

On the subject anyone have detail pics on how the sumox fender is botled on? Is the stock support structure used?
The stock support is cut off completely. New struts are used on each side for support.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Looks pretty cool Dare. the fork tubes would be a PAIN to get blacked out Fork tubes are silver from a Hard Chrome process. because because it gets the finish for seals to seat properly and if they get a stress fracture rust starts more rapidly and would allow easier showing they need swapped. The engine would look cool blacked out with the Fins polished. The rear fender issue is probably because they were wanting to go with a strutless fender to keep a cleaner line on everything so they had to Frame inside the fender to hold a weight of about 200+lbs which would take up about an inch higher rear fender height from mounts and structure. To allow more of a transfer of energy bigger springs and shocks are used to progressively dampen impacts which is awsome for comfort but when getting off the bike the suspension reaches an unloaded height which makes it look Goofy when nothing is on the bike but it sits nice when occupied, Kinda a 6 of 1 half dozen of the other issue and they sided with comfort.

Questions? (cont'd)
kinda explains The hard chrome issue, The steel is more exposed when the chrome fractures allowing rust to form easier throwing a redflag that something is potentially wrong plus it increases the resistance to scratches and dings keeping the travel area of the seals smooth to prevent severe damage

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
should also black out the engine covers with diamond cut, make the headlight black & speedometer... j/k... looks great for a photoshop

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
should also black out the engine covers with diamond cut, make the headlight black & speedometer... j/k... looks great for a photoshop
I'll try and work on it sometime this week. I've been super busy with track and work and I have finals this week. But i'll find some time eventually ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts