Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HERE'S AN IDEA........ Since most people are already getting tired of the small choice in intakes why doesn't Low and Mean or Fuggin Fab. create something new for the Fury. I personally like the look of the stock exhaust and would love to see an air filter that compliments the "double shotgun barrel" style of the Fury's stock exhaust.

I was thinking something like a Twin Velocity Stack coming out of a 90 degree elbow.....just an idea. I don't think it would be too hard to fabricate and it could come in either polished, black, or chrome.

Also as far as the sound, VTX Exhaust has already said they can modify the stock exhaust-baffles for about $295, which I had done to my VTX 1300 C, and the sound is tremendous.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The problem with this is that most owners will replace their stock exhaust. I would look at what is currently available for the HD bolt pattern on the L&M and Accutronix intake adaptor. I'm sure someone makes what you are looking for.

·
Registered
175 Posts

there's this....if you don't mind spending over a grand for an intake:eek:

it's a D&M custom cycle unit

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Señor Gar...if I HAD to have a new intake, the Q5 would be my choice at this time.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
HERE'S AN IDEA........ Since most people are already getting tired of the small choice in intakes
... huh? And as others have pointed out already, all we need are adapters, especially for the 3 hole intakes and we have the world in our fingertips... btw, Low & Mean sell and adapter, Accutronix, think fuggin does too, etc, etc, etc...

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I wasn't suggesting that it would fit, only answering the question of what it is and where. As stated, it is for the VTX, but the design comes closest to what I would want to be made to fit the Fury. :D

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Internet vs. Telephone

I picked up the phone today and talked (what a concept :rolleyes:) to Direct Line Parts about the Q5 for the Fury. They are trying to adapt one but the fit isn't good and they say it doesn't look right. I suspect it looks awkward with the Fury's slim tank and is just hanging out a little too far. They did say that they are attempting to come up with a way to mount it in a more attractive way so don't give up yet. If you have any fabrication skills you could always purchase the VXT 1300 Q5 and try to adapt it. Hey, what's $500 between R&D pals ??? I suspect that a thorough redesign would be required to tuck it in attractively. Ergo, don't hold your breath :eek: !!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I picked up the phone today and talked (what a concept :rolleyes:) to Direct Line Parts about the Q5 for the Fury. They are trying to adapt one but the fit isn't good and they say it doesn't look right. I suspect it looks awkward with the Fury's slim tank and is just hanging out a little too far. They did say that they are attempting to come up with a way to mount it in a more attractive way so don't give up yet. If you have any fabrication skills you could always purchase the VXT 1300 Q5 and try to adapt it. Hey, what's $500 between R&D pals ??? I suspect that a thorough redesign would be required to tuck it in attractively. Ergo, don't hold your breath :eek: !!!
A chrome Q5 is $600:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts