Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I Am very interested in one of the new Fury's. I have been riding for some time, but I currently ride a 2001 Victory V92c Deluxe cruiser its a great big 1507cc road cruiser. With lots of bags and storage.

I Have averaged about 18,000 miles a year on my bike for the last 4 years. I ride everywhere.

My questions are:

1) What kind of fuel mileage is the bike getting, or how far can you go on a 3.4 gallon tank of gas, till you need to fill up again??

2) (probably the most important) How is the bike to load down? Does anyone have pictures of one with saddle bags or a tent or something strapped onto the bike? I dont want them on mine full time, but when I make the 1200 mile trip to daytona for bikeweek, im definetly going to need something to carry my stuff as Im no trailer queen.

Any other inputs would help, thanks alot in advance!

·
Registered
173 Posts
1) I only get about 120 miles to the tank before the light comes on. Riding two up I get about 90 miles before the light pops on.

2) The Fury isn't set up for touring. If you have the sisy bar mounted you bight be able to strap an overnight duffle to it. I keep my Valkyrie just for this reason.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the mileage answere. Yeah, We have custom shop in town that I can get to make ame a custom 2-3' sissybar for my big tourpack to slip onto. But I didnt know if anyone had tried to use a set of the throw over saddle bags and just run it under hte passenger seat.

Kepping my victory is not an option if im going to get a fury, I can only afford one bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get about 140 miles on a tank.

I love my bike. It's great for what it is. What it's not is a touring bike. If you're into those 1200 mile treks, I think you should stick to the Victory. Not that you couldn't make those trips on a Fury, but you (and especially your passenger) would be more comfortable on the touring bike. I've never ridden on the rear seat, but my wife says she feels every rock in the road. The backrest helps with this a bit, because the passenger can sit further back, and not on the harder front part of the seat. I usually keep the trips with a passenger under the 100 mile range. Like I said, I've never ridden the rear seat, but it's narrow and doesn't look too comfy.

·
Premium Member
13,739 Posts
if you want to tour,stop by your local honda shop and check on last years 1800 vtx.i was offered one for 8000.00.thats a steal.the fury is not what you are looking for.

·
Registered
158 Posts
touring with a passenger, maybe not. But solo, why not ? It depends on how much luxury you require. My old neighbor Phil, who infected me with this motorcycle madness decades ago, tantalized me with his tale about how he took a month off and rode a big circle around the USA on his unfaired CB350 and whatever he could strap onto the back seat.
People ride across the US on bicycles with only what they can/want-to carry on the bike. It can be done...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input. I ride solo 95% of the time. usually if my ole lady is going we have to trailer, cuz she just cant get anything onto a bike. it's ridiculous. The pics of the bike loaded down are great, much appreciation.

Also, does anyone know, if Corbin or maybe Mustang is looking into making a more comfortable seat for this or not??

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks for all the input. I ride solo 95% of the time. usually if my ole lady is going we have to trailer, cuz she just cant get anything onto a bike. it's ridiculous. The pics of the bike loaded down are great, much appreciation.

Also, does anyone know, if Corbin or maybe Mustang is looking into making a more comfortable seat for this or not??
Dunno; got some reservations about the fury as a long-distance touring bike, but if you decide to try it I bet either/both of the following seatworks would really add to your travels.

Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Modifications :: Motorcycle Seat Modifications

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda Fury Motorcycles | 800-538-7035

I especially like the meancitycycles memory foam/impact gel idea; haven't tried it yet but heard great things. Good luck :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O man thats great news, The corbin solo looks great, and there working on a passenger seat as well. My buddy just got a corbin for his 09 rocker C, and its the most comfortable thing in the world. This definetly makes me consider trading in my big bagger/cruiser for a new fury.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts