Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
any word yet on if there will be an upgrade kit for the non-abs models?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hopefully, Honda will be smart and have a kit available for those of us that own a Fury already and would like to upgrade it to ABS.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks like it would be more than just a bolt on kit. Oh well, I'll just keep pumping the brakes when some idiot cuts me off.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The brakes on my Fury are working just fine....what do I need an ABS for......?????? I'm good with what I got....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Guess your right for some, but I don't do rain, hail or snow.

·
Registered
358 Posts
don't do gravel neither

·
Registered
358 Posts
then what do you have to say about it,

·
Registered
358 Posts
sounds like you have a real interest in ABS and thats cool after hearing what you have to say, I at the 50 old fart level but I rarely take chances. My bag brother didn't meant to beat up the thread

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
From the US website...

You can see (barely) the new calipers but what's with the spaghetti brake lines :eek: !!!
Honda said from the start they were going to have ABS, when you add ABS you add more plumbing plus the pulser rings, pickups, another module

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
From the US website...

You can see (barely) the new calipers but what's with the spaghetti brake lines :eek: !!!
Those numerous front brake lines look horrible. You would think that they would find a way to bundle them together.

·
Registered
158 Posts
From the US website...

With the (non-ABS) linked brakes on my blackbird, since the 'rear' brake pedal also controls one pair of the 6 pistons clamping on the front brake rotors, there needs to be a separate brake line running from the rear brake master cylinder (through a proportional valve) to the front brake, hence the 'extra' front brake hose.
That's probably part of what's going on with the extra front brake hoses on the ABS Fury in the picture.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Now you'e got my attention :)! How would you describe the operational experience of your Blackbird's LBS contrasted to conventional brakes ???
On the VFR, when using front brakes only, the bike squats, instead of nose diving. Other than that, their operation is "invisible".

·
Registered
158 Posts
Now you'e got my attention :)! How would you describe the operational experience of your Blackbird's LBS contrasted to conventional brakes ???
Almost all of the time I use the front brake only (on any bike). Not a good habit, I know, but a better habit than using the rear brake only.

I think the linked brakes saved me once. I had to make a panic stop and got on both brakes. It's hard to tell, but I have a feeling that I would not have been able to stop as quickly without the linked brakes. The front brake has a mechanical-hydraulic linkage of some kind that affects how the braking force is applied vs. how hard you're braking. Some have called it 'poor man's ABS' :)

I'm sure the 'full' ABS setup is going prove to be a good system on the Fury.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I would also like to see some data on braking in a corner since this is where my breath taking moments :eek: have occurred.
garc:
In the MSF safety training, they emphasized NOT braking in a turn.
In an emergency situation involving a turn they stressed straightening the motorcycle prior to braking.
Since there is not much tire surface on the road while braking in a turn.
This procedure was practiced over and over on the MSF course.
ABS or not, stability while braking in a turn poses problems.
Don't get me wrong while lightly braking in a non emergency turn is common.

my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 36 Posts