Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
If anyone is interested in some actual factual information on ABS on a bike...

2009 Honda CBR600RR C-ABS Review - Motorcycle.com

Motorcycle Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) | Motorcycle-Intelligence.com

Internet BMW Riders - No Fault Braking, A Real-World Comparison of ABS Systems

If you want more, simply Google 'ABS on motorcycle' as I did...

Cheers!
I believe that, Its just that some of us dont agree with putting it on our bikes for the current price tag. Im sure as ABS was becoming popular on cars many people were against paying however much extra for it. If you put someone behind the wheel of a car that hasnt driven without abs you will see how dependant they were on ABS, I was until i had my corvette. Im sure with bikes it will progressively be put on to more and more models eventually with all the bikes being ABS in 5-10 years. If ABS was a 500 more to the price tag i would consider it more but its like an extra 3k i think, and I definatly wouldnt be put off on buying a bike if it was standard either. I am also more of a minimalist/traditionalist where it isnt that big of a deal to me if it has it or not.

I dont know how old you are, but if you are my age 24, it is likely that you have never operated a car without ABS. If your older, my dad is in his 50's, you realise how nice it is but also know that you can get by without it. Even my dad has the mentality I do though, it isnt needed but it is nice, and depending on what it is determines how much we are willing to spend on it.

Ohh did you ever find out about a blue ABS in the states???

·
Registered
178 Posts
i just bought a new street glide yesterday with abs. and wow i did a test, slammed on my rear brake only. the tire did not lock, the bike did not get off track. the first time you need to use abs in an emergency, its worth it! imo

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
i just bought a new street glide yesterday with abs. and wow i did a test, slammed on my rear brake only. the tire did not lock, the bike did not get off track. the first time you need to use abs in an emergency, its worth it! imo
That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks for sharing your personal experience.:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.