Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI Got a new manual today for the VT1300CXA model, that (usually) means the model will be available soon. might be announced in the Nov Un-Convention that should be out soon. The Honda rep told me the other day some of the Level 5 dealers were getting them now,

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
C-ABS Fury

FYI Got a new manual today for the VT1300CXA model...
That's good news :) !!!
I've been watching Helm for it's release but their website still says "Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer."
Any chance there is some meaningful information on what components are involved and if they can be retrofitted to the VT1300CX :eek: ??? How about the dealer's parts listing; does it show C-ABS components yet? It seems that the online powersports parts has dropped the 2010 listings :mad:.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's good news :) !!!
I've been watching Helm for it's release but their website still says "Item not yet released to Helm from manufacturer."
Any chance there is some meaningful information on what components are involved and if they can be retrofitted to the VT1300CX :eek: ??? How about the dealer's parts listing; does it show C-ABS components yet? It seems that the online powersports parts has dropped the 2010 listings :mad:.
I only took a quick look, the ABS controller mounts up under or on the swingarm, the parts are not on the fische yet, I think you would have to really want the ABS and have deep pockets to retrofit it to a current model. i will bring the book home and get a better look tonight. Number on bck is 61MFR01

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess you've been out riding all weekend huh :cool: ??? Well it's dark now and rain tomorrow so what's new in the ABS manual :D ?
340 miles this weekend :D, and didn't even go anywhere. It is definitely Hondas simpler non linked system, but to retro fit it you would need (at least) ABS module and mount, goes up under swingarm, PCV (proportional control valve), differant caliper mounts and new front caliper, pulser rings, front and rear sensors, plus all the hoses and wiring sub harness including new fuse block, and a new speedometer. So it would be easier/cheaper to trade than refit. The manual covers both ABS and non ABS models has 1 additional section for the ABS, which shows the layout and how to test /replace the components, plus 2 new colored wiring charts, 1 for 49 and 1 for 50 state models. Parts will probably show up on the Nov parts change/update.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Expensive...

Doesn't seem quite right that the C-ABS Fury goes for the same $1K premium that the CBR600/1000RR goes for and only subs a proportional control valve and ABS module for their two power units (bottom), two valve units (top) and control unit in the pic below :(.

In any case with the two expanded calipers does the brake pedal apply both rear pistons plus one front and the front lever apply two front pistons only ???

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doesn't seem quite right that the C-ABS Fury goes for the same $1K premium that the CBR600/1000RR goes for and only subs a proportional control valve and ABS module for their two power units (bottom), two valve units (top) and control unit in the pic below :(.

In any case with the two expanded calipers does the brake pedal apply both rear pistons plus one front and the front lever apply two front pistons only ???
I am not familiar with the CBRs, aren't they linked, I do work alot on the GLs (they are linked) and was looking at a ST1300A (also linked) I was working on and wondered where they could hide all of those units, plus the plumbing. Made is clear why they didn't link the braking system. The Fury uses a unit they call the ABS Modulator, that appears to be a combination of the 3 (control, valves and ABS motor) , Yes, looking at the bleeding procedure the front lever applies 2 outer pistons on the front and the rear pedal applies the 2 rear pistons (via the PCV) and the center (smaller) front wheel piston.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts