Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought this air intake a while back and I'm having some problems with oil getting into my throttle body and motor. The dealer is telling me it's because the crank case hose is hooked up to the throttle body via the AccuTronix adapter. He also says that the boots holding my intake manifold and throttle body are sagging down and need to be replaced. I'm basically not happy with this crappy product. I'm wondering if anyone else is having these issues with this thing?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Accutronix makes really awesome, quality made products... Im sure if you were to call them and explain your situation, they can meet you with a resolutioin. The Fury is pretty new and everyone is anxious for new accessories and products, sometimes new designs just need just a little tweaking.

Just because it's a dealer telling you it's broke, doesn't always mean it's broke! Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
204 Posts
air intake

i got my air intake from low and mean and it work real good. 180.00 is a little price but worth it. try them out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Accutronix has a new re-designed adapater -coming soon

Acctronix has re-designed the adapter assembly for more support. It should be available with-in the next week or so. It's design for the heavier air-filters. No price information yet and No pictures.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Crappy Product or a Crappy Instillation?

So i bought this air intake a while back and I'm having some problems with oil getting into my throttle body and motor. The dealer is telling me it's because the crank case hose is hooked up to the throttle body via the AccuTronix adapter. He also says that the boots holding my intake manifold and throttle body are sagging down and need to be replaced. I'm basically not happy with this crappy product. I'm wondering if anyone else is having these issues with this thing?

I will address these issues one at a time.

Oil getting into my throttle body and motor..

Oil should not be getting into the engine because of our adapter. Both the Accutronix “Air Cleaner Adapter” and the Accutronix “Air Cleaner Adapter & Support” connect the breather hoses between the air filter & the throttle body, just as they were connected from the Honda factory. Is it possible that you have an air filter that flows more air causing a greater vacuum on the breather hoses & is now vacuuming in more than normal oil vapor?

Throttle Body boots are sagging & need to be replaced.

Our adapter is just that, an adapter not a support. Our adapter is just one piece of the puzzle. You need a bike, an adapter, an air filter, & a support. You may also want a throttle body cover to hide all of the wiring & the throttle body. It sounds like you do not have a support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accutronix will have our “Air Cleaner Adapter & Support” kit available very soon, as Fuggin Fabrication stated.

However, our support may not work in every application with every air filter in the world, but it should work with many. Various filters come with a support & will not need anything additional. Then again, larger & heavier filters may require even more support. Accutronix has no plans to manufacture air filters at this time. I will have photos & pricing next week for the “Air Cleaner Adapter & Support”. If you currently have one of our adapters & need a support I will help you as best as I can.

We will also have Throttle body Cover available very soon. This will be one possible way of hiding or covering your throttle body if your choice of air cleaners has exposed it.

If anyone ever has a problem with a product, I urge you to contact the manufacturer of said product. Problems can be resolved more easily if the manufacturer knows about it. Many manufacturers are not on forums very often, so a call may result in a quicker resolution.

Should anyone ever have a problem with an Accutronix product contact me & I will do everything in my power to resolve the issue. If I am not in (rare that I am not), anyone will be happy to try to help you.

Thank you,
Troy
623-516-9600

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
You guys will love the redesign of the Intake cover. I think Troy has redesigned it 3 times now because of his OCD to be a perfectionist, lol.

As for the support for the intake adaptor, I get to test it out. Everything is solid! I've taken a few close up for anyone interested :cool:

Also, here is a close up shot of the section the new intake cover will cover:

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Check out my link in my Sig called Bad Ass Fury Parts...

I'm not sure what a WCC Air Cleaner is, but if it is the basic 3 bolt design for Harley Davidson, it should fit no problem ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Accutronixd Adapater

You can also order from Fuggin Fabrication and we will have the 90deg air-filter any day now. I will post pictures ion the next day or two.

Doug
Fuggin Fabrication
480/813-4474

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so I finally got some answers from my dealer, and after showing them some of the responses from this thread; it seems like the design of this filter is pretty poor considering there is no volume in the air box in this design like the stock one. The crank case hose goes right into the throttle body and goes back into the engine, which my dealership mechanic (who is an ex-road race mechanic so I trust what he says) thinks is a poor design. He says that there's no serious internal damage yet, but he says that this system could cause problems in the future and I should switch to another air intake system. I'm pretty disappointed to buy this product that seems to have been improperly tested and now there's a bracket that wasn't offered in the beginning to remedy the problem with the sagging throttle body boots that I now have to replace. I shouldn't have gone cheap and maybe I should've shopped around because now I see that the low and mean one has the proper support, cover, and brackets, etc. that is needed.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I'm telling you right now, if that was an issue, don't you think other members would have complained by now? I use that exact adaptor on my Fury and have never had any oiling issues. I've had the spiked filter swapped out for the S&S and there was no oil to be seen.

As for the previous version of the adaptor that came without a support, I didn't have a problem with that ruining my boot either.

I don't know what to tell you. I know if you contact the manufacturer, they will work with you on replacing the older version for one with a support mount.

Can you post some pictures?

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I mentioned in a post a few months ago (on the pair valve I think) that this design looked like there would be a large venturi effect due to the way the hoses were mounted. Honda (as well as S&S, Kury and others) mounts the hoses to the back plate, which puts less vacuum on the lines, and allows the oils/condensate to collect at the bottom of the intake, that is what the clear hose on the stock box is suppose to collect. Some bikes get alot, some get very little, yours appears to be the former, what alot of the VTX riders do when they change intakes is put a small filter on the hose and not connect it to the intake, you could try that and plug the hole in the adapter. You can see one below this intake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts