Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my controls today and got everything installed and I am trying to adjust the brake side arm but when I remove the cap I see the three allen head bolts going thru the arm into the assembly I removed them but in the assembly I only have three holes not the 12 on others so I get basically one adjustment and it is almost straight up am I missing something? I looked on the shifter side and there are 12 holes for adjustment

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
How much do you need to adjust it? There is a little bit if adjustment in the brake rod

·
Registered
396 Posts
I received my controls today and got everything installed and I am trying to adjust the brake side arm but when I remove the cap I see the three allen head bolts going thru the arm into the assembly I removed them but in the assembly I only have three holes not the 12 on others so I get basically one adjustment and it is almost straight up am I missing something? I looked on the shifter side and there are 12 holes for adjustment
E-Mail me a photo of the 3 holes please. If you purchased these forward controls new I can warranty this issue. Adjusting the brake rod is not a good idea because you could easily remove all your free play. If you have no free play, your rear brake will drag, heat up, warp the rear rotor, & then lock the rear wheel.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
These guys over at Accutronix are stand up kinda guys. I managed to twist off the wires off my brake switch and they sent one via USPS Priority and it came early. Big thanks to Dan and they have restored my faith in Accutronix.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Should have same hole pattern as shifter side i believe, must not have been drilled out. That sucks but i wouldnt worry they will take care of ya.I recieved my Accutronix forward controls a few weeks back, Very pleased with quality of product. They work great! And even look better!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Hopefully they have another big sale soon, I need a set.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got off the phone with Troy at Accutronix great customer service! Yep I got the wrong brake set-up and new one is on the way! Thanks!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmmm

Just had my Accutronix forward controls installed by my dealer. They look Absolutely Awesome but i get home and decide the brake and shift pegs need to come back just a touch. From the previous posts i know exactly what to do. I take of the end bolt/cap on the brake and take out the 3 screws and POOF only 3 holes instead of 12!!! I waited like a little kid at christmas to get these damn things on and whammo the grinch come out!! Needless to say ill be on the phone with Accutronix(well my dealer will) tomorrow. From what i see on here they are very great to deal with so i hope all goes well cuz i love the product just disappointed this happened again. That and ill have to pay for an install all over again!! Guess i should check the shift lever side tomorrow as well....DAMMIT!!!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
yes, there are 12 or so holes, but there are only 3 that are threaded. By doing it this way you can adjust the assembly ever so slightly. What you can do is mark the 3 holes on the face with a Sharpie. This way you can always go back to the original setting. Its really not that bad, just take your time and rotate it slowly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just spoke with Troy from Accutronix. Just as I have heard in previous posts very quick to respond with a solution!! Thats how cumtomer service should be with every vendor!! Very good company to work with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts