Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling anyone who has installed the Accutronix EXTENDED forward controls.

I would like to get these but I stand 5'7 (although I do have long legs for my height).

Wanted to know how accessible or how much further your legs are extended from the stock controls?

Thanks,
Mickey

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts

I would like to get these but I stand 5'7 (although I do have long legs for my height).

Wanted to know how accessible or how much further your legs are extended from the stock controls?

Thanks,
Mickey
Thinking about this myself... but I am taller... thought the extended forward controls were for the reach of the "toe" basically, 3 inches added onto the brake or clutch bar (not the forward reach) and not an "extension" like you'd typically think necessarily... That's what it looks like from the pics for the most part... But, guess that's why I'd like an explanation as well, so that I can choose more wisely...

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a set of extended controls on mine and your peg is inline with the frame rail, and the shifter/brake are adjustable. Good product BTW.

·
Registered
829 Posts
5'10 here

They have the 3" extended and the standard that match the stock. I am 5'10 and I just got the standard that match the stock. The fit perfectly for me. I might be able to reach the 3" extended, but I found the stock comfortable so I stuck with what already worked. Quality stuff! You won't be disappointed!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Forgot to mention my height!, I'm 6'1 and here's a pic of my extended forwards.
You forgot the slash in your {/img}, looks good btw in black! & ah, think the 3" extended would work best for me then... My foot goes slightly numb on long rides with the stock controls...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks for hooking me up redspawn!, I tried posting the pic from my iPhone and for some reason I couldn't copy/paste the URL. Anyway, yeah I have a 34 inseam and the extended FC'S work great, no more cramped feeling.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Great Question.

Thanks,
Mickey
Great question & I get this asked often. How tall a person is has no bearing on the length of forward controls needed. The length of the person’s legs is what’s critical.

May I recommend that you look at each of these photos closely. Compare the foot peg locations in these photos to the two bolts threaded into the back side of the frame down tube, or the two engine case screws. This should tell you exactly where the two foot pegs are located. While sitting on the bike, have an assistant hold a broom handle up to the front of the frame in the location noted after viewing the photos. This will give you a good idea what length fits you.

You may also notice that the Accutronix foot peg is slightly higher than the stock Honda foot peg. I did this to increase foot peg clearance when cornering.

Hope this helps!

FC121-SIC.jpg
Standard Length

FC121-XIC.jpg
Extended Length

Accutronix :: Forward Controls :: Page 6

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I have the chrome version of redspawn's and love them. I am 5'9 and have no trouble. It was a little extra push length for the rear brakes but no biggie.

·
Registered
500 Posts
At 5'7" Definitely go with stock length

I'm a tad over 6'; not quite 6'1", and I have the Accutronix extended forward controls. I have around a 34 inseam. the stock pedals were an inch or so too close, but the extended are a little too far for where I'd exactly like them. The footpeg part is fine, but toe-ing the rear brake I find I have to shift slightly forward, to where the muscle movement is coming somewhat from the calf, as opposed to just forward/downward with the foot. It's quite doable, but I find myself constantly wishing I could get the things an inch closer to me at the base. (I've adjusted the arm up along the splines as far as I can to bring it closer, but there's limits to how close you can bring it.)

Alternatively, I'd suggest considering Raw's adjustable set. They adjust fully at the base 1-3", as well as along the circular spline thingy's, so are truly adjustable. And yah, I like Troy's styling's better too, but Raw's don't look bad and that adjustability will start to look really good if you find you've got a non-adjustable set you just can't quite get in the right position.

Wish to hell someone would fabricate a forward control relocator plate or something that'd let you move them around a bit ...

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I'm a tad over 6'; not quite 6'1", and I have the Accutronix extended forward controls. I have around a 34 inseam. the stock pedals were an inch or so too close, but the extended are a little too far for where I'd exactly like them. The footpeg part is fine, but toe-ing the rear brake I find I have to shift slightly forward, to where the muscle movement is coming somewhat from the calf, as opposed to just forward/downward with the foot. It's quite doable, but I find myself constantly wishing I could get the things an inch closer to me at the base. (I've adjusted the arm up along the splines as far as I can to bring it closer, but there's limits to how close you can bring it.)

Alternatively, I'd suggest considering Raw's adjustable set. They adjust fully at the base 1-3", as well as along the circular spline thingy's, so are truly adjustable. And yah, I like Troy's styling's better too, but Raw's don't look bad and that adjustability will start to look really good if you find you've got a non-adjustable set you just can't quite get in the right position.

Wish to hell someone would fabricate a forward control relocator plate or something that'd let you move them around a bit ...
CBFury was R&D'ing one for one of the vendors, he got it done and it's on his bike. It's not too shabby actually, but the vendor has not pursued it any further as of yet. It was a kit, that used like a 1/2' aluminum bracket and extended controls in order to give it the extension to it... came in different sizes too, all for only like 300$ with a stock turn in... wasn't bad.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts

I'm a little taller than you and noticed it felt like it was something that I would have to get used to when I rode yours. Anyway, if you are thinking about making a change, I might be interested in yours.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm a little taller than you and noticed it felt like it was something that I would have to get used to when I rode yours. Anyway, if you are thinking about making a change, I might be interested in yours.
Will do, Rich. At this point though my winter-mods budget has somehow spiralled wildly out of control lol; not sure what else if anything I'll be able to do, but I'll definitely give you a shout if I start looking at forward controls.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts