Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
i like that!!, it looks very clean and well designed. great work.. ill have to order mine very soon!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well... My honest opinion.

Low and Mean vs. Accutronix

I'm stuck, I wish I could have the Accutronix intake adapter with the Low and Mean cover. I like Low and Mean's outer cover looks much better, but I don't like that you have to cut the vacume hoses and add little breathers that just dangle behind the cover, between the heads. I like Accutronix intake adapter and how the hoses connect directly to it, but I think the cover looks kinda like a cheap molded piece of plastic. Each costing about the same all together or an extra $100 for Low and Means chrome version. Hmmm, it's winter here on the east coast so maybe I will hold out and see if another manufacture will come out with an intake adapter that is a mix between the two. Don't get me wrong, Im very happy that aftermarket manufactures are making parts for the Fury and "Good job so far", Im just pressed for extra cash and want to be totally happy with what I buy as I can only afford to do it once.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well... My honest opinion.

Low and Mean vs. Accutronix

but I think the cover looks kinda like a cheap molded piece of plastic. ?????????.
My Throttle Body cover is water jet from steel, bent, TIG welded, & finally powder coated with a black wrinkle finish. The Low & Mean unit is made of fiberglass composites I believe.

My Black Throttle body Cover is $89.95 & my Chrome Air Cleaner adapter & bracket are $99.95 ($189.90 for the set) & the Low & Mean unit is $180.00 for a raw fiberglass unit.

I feel both look choices look great. IMHO the Low & Mean one draws attention to the throttle body area & mine draws your attention away from that area.

My intent was to draw attention to the air filter you choose & to the V-Twin engine as a whole. Whether you choose the Accutronix item or the Low & Mean unit, I feel you will have a nice custom look over stock.

Thank you for considering my option.

·
Registered
773 Posts
My Throttle Body cover is water jet from steel, bent, TIG welded, & finally powder coated with a black wrinkle finish. The Low & Mean unit is made of fiberglass composites I believe.

My Black Throttle body Cover is $89.95 & my Chrome Air Cleaner adapter & bracket are $99.95 ($189.90 for the set) & the Low & Mean unit is $180.00 for a raw fiberglass unit.

I feel both look choices look great. IMHO the Low & Mean one draws attention to the throttle body area & mine draws your attention away from that area.

My intent was to draw attention to the air filter you choose & to the V-Twin engine as a whole. Whether you choose the Accutronix item or the Low & Mean unit, I feel you will have a nice custom look over stock.

Thank you for considering my option.
Troy, Your piece looks nice and I think it give the Fury owner great options between the our two different styles. For the record our product does not have a raw fiberglass finish, our Honda Fury Spike air cleaner adapter comes with a Glossy black finish that can be painted or chromed.

Again nice work!

LM

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

My intent was to draw attention to the air filter you choose & to the V-Twin engine as a whole. Whether you choose the Accutronix item or the Low & Mean unit, I feel you will have a nice custom look over stock

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I make mine from .06 304 Stainless with a .625 hole for a garage door opener.
That's super clean looking. Where does it attach to?
I still need to make my cover. Too many projects lately!

Reactions: BakoFury
1 - 13 of 13 Posts