Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at changing bars but ones that fit I don't like and vise versa. To my understanding the fury is 120mm on center (aka 4.75") just like the springer. Anyone know if or have used the springer adapter plate in order to use the more common 3.5 HD spacing?
For clarity, this is what I'm looking at.

I know the bolts attaching it to the tree would not work but that is minor compared to being able to having a larger selection of bars to pick from.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
@460brevill would be the guy to talk to about springer bars and the Honda Fury. He should be able to set you straight. Although he used the entire springer fork adapted to the front end, not just the upper tree .

Reactions: Will'sFury

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most people just use risers of this type. View attachment 235618
Finding risers is the easy part, most of the bars I like tend to have narrow centers or have knurling at 3.5 on center. So I'm hopeful that the adaptor would work so I don't have to mod the bars (like I have seen someone here do in the past) or settle for something less

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Cool. Sounds like you know what you're looking for. Don't see why that plate wouldn't work, but I haven't seen anyone that has used it on here or any of the FB pages. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I messed up my back last week and have been pretty much a bump on a log. This idea of using an adapter keeps running through my head so one of the times I was trying to move around I took some rough (couldn't find my calipers) measurements of the top tree and made a basic model in fusion. Was able to find a nice top shot of a springer bracket on line that I could import to see if it would fit.
It does not. The arch will hit the steering nut and will hang over the front edge of the tree so i came up with this.

The top wider holes are stock mount points and the lower will fit 1" diameter round risers at 3.5" on center (aka harley bars) and should be lined up centered to the steering nut.
Now this is just a 3d printed part, using basic measurement and I have nothing pulled apart to check proper fitment but this looks very close.
I know there are a number of you out there that do this for a living (design and machine parts) what suggestions would you have to improve safety keeping in mind this would be made out of 1/2" aluminum.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
What most folks do is use standard risers and springer bars as the springer knurling spacing is close enough to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts