Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Add some comfort to your stock seat by DIY use of a Gel Pad & Memory Foam

Winter is here and not a whole lot to do so I thought I might add a little more comfort to my stock seat. Here are few steps for a do it yourself project that shows how to add another two inches of comfort to your stock seat. I installed a combonation 1'' gel pad & memory foam that can be purchased for approx $40 and then another one inch of high density foam. While the seat was apart I also cut the front tongue of the seat for a little different look and reformed the plastic seat pan to better fit the T-mod conversion.

1. Take of the seat cover off by removing the staples on the backside then peel off the seat cover.

2. Take you time and gently peel back and remove the foam from the seat pan.

3. You can skip this step and leave the seat pan as is or for a little different look you can cut 2 3/4" off the tongue of the seat pan to expose a little more of the tank on the finish look.

4. You can skip this step if you don't have a T-mod.
For a better seat pan fit with those with the T-mod you can gently heat the plastic seat pan by use of a heat gun to reshape it to eliminate the small gap that is left between the seat and fender and caused as a result of all T-mods.

5. Mark and cut 1" depth into the stock foam to accommodate the new 1" combo gel pad memory foam. (I used conformax gel pad - combo is 1/2" Gel pad & 1/2" memory foam)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0642449108&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

6. You can skip this step if you want or you can add another 1'' of comfort using another layer of high density foam over the newly install gel foam and memory pad. Use 3M adhesive spray to hold down the foam then shape the foam to the contour of the seat by the use of a belt sander.

7. The seat cover will stretch and fit right back over the seat pan. Use staple gun with use of 1/4" staples to hold down outer cover.

HAPPY RIDING WITH A LITTLE MORE COMFORT.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I was getting ready to pm you or call mike and see how the stock seat tweaks went.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
So Dave since you have all this time on your hands are you taking on some side work and of course providing tracking numbers? Lol

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Very nice Dave!
I didn't know you were running the double intake? Looks good!

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Very nice job!

The intakes really look cool. Ive kinda thought about them but didnt want to spend any more money. Maybe if mrbyber orders them, I'll wait a couple of weeks and then see what the price is.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'd like to expose more of the tank. Is that just a straight cut or is the some contouring involved? Do you need to make any special cuts in the leather?

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice Dave!
I didn't know you were running the double intake? Looks good!
Ya mrbyber, I really love the dual chrome intakes. Waited a while for it but well worth it. Really has nice look to it.

Lester, you can cut it straight or give it a little contour to follow the tank like I did. I think Mike (MFR) had a thread last season you might want to check out on cutting the seat tongue.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts