Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is first project using my new bike lift table. On sale at Princess auto for $500. It made the job much easier.
A month ago I went for it, and decided to get the raw cycles taillight/signal light combo. Along with the accutronix license plate bracket. It took about 6 hours to do. Once I got it working ( it's not plug And play) I soldered and shrunk wrapped the connections. I think this is better than those crimp connectors they give you. I think this setup cleans up the backend of the bike, and improves the looks. I left the seat off so I can wax it easier tomorrow, in this pic 20191006_182521.jpg

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Looks great! Solder and shrink wrap will always be superior to the shitty connecters sold with any lighting. EXCEPT, they do sell heat shrink solder butt connectors now. They are flexible, waterproof, provide a solder connection, and are wicked easy to use. It's pretty rare I do the old school soldering anymore since these are available.

Reactions: K9INE

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Looks great! Solder and shrink wrap will always be superior to the shitty connecters sold with any lighting. EXCEPT, they do sell heat shrink solder butt connectors now. They are flexible, waterproof, provide a solder connection, and are wicked easy to use. It's pretty rare I do the old school soldering anymore since these are available.
I used the stock connectors and made a wiring harness for my lights. Made it literally plug and play, plus if I ever want to go back, just unplug one plug the other in. Maybe I took it too far, but not too far for me!

Reactions: Furi15 and K9INE

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I used the stock connectors and made a wiring harness for my lights. Made it literally plug and play, plus if I ever want to go back, just unplug one plug the other in. Maybe I took it too far, but not too far for me!
Nah definitely not. I've actually made a lot of plug and play harnesses for my tail lights and headlights for both of my vehicles so I can run LED's etc and trick the computer. If anything fails, just like yourself I can go back and run incandescents by unplugging the harness. I didn't do a special harness on the bike though, but I did utilize the OEM plugs. If I ever sell this bike, it will be to someone who is looking to do the mods, but since I've done all the work they wouldn't have to. That being said, I'm going to have a hard time ever letting go of this bike

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Wow. That looks so cool. Can I ask where you got the taillight?
Hey Payen, hadn't seen you in a bit.
Mine came with the bike, but it's the same one as this:

You might find that cheaper elsewhere, but that's the make and model of it. Comes with plate holder, which swivels and is lit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts