Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about this one.
Drag Specialties 1-7/8" Mini Tach - White Face It's $ 80.95

Any thoughts on how to hook one up?
T

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
In your tool box :D. It is a diagnostic tool as opposed to a running gauge and is intended for temporary mounting while fine tuning based on information retrieved during normal operation.
What about the auto tune garc think is worth it .

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
In your tool box :D. It is a diagnostic tool as opposed to a running gauge and is intended for temporary mounting while fine tuning based on information retrieved during normal operation.
My BAD! The PC LCD unit is designed for permanent mounting :p which completely violates the chopper code of conduct regarding ethical adornments. We can only hope :rolleyes: that Dynojet Research will offer a custom fit dashboard for choppers as well :p.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My BAD! The PC LCD unit is designed for permanent mounting :p which completely violates the chopper code of conduct regarding ethical adornments. We can only hope :rolleyes: that Dynojet Research will offer a custom fit dashboard for choppers as well :p.
Garc, you were right the first time... it should stay in the tool box.

That's way too must $h!t to look at and too many buttons to push...

Need to pay attention to the road and keep the shiny side UP!

·
Registered
500 Posts
IF
The Fury will require the twin Auto Tune package with two O2 sensors (still under development) since front and rear cylinders have different fueling requirements (as well as different ignition and cam/valve timing). I referenced this in a previous post and possibly a 2 into 1 and single O2 sensor would work since a single Auto Tune would fatten or lean both cylinders proportionately on top of an already compensated base determined by the Honda ECM and individual fueling differentials would be maintained. I know - I had to read that twice myself.
I asked about this; according to dyno tech guy with watercooled motors unlike older aircooled v-twins, where differences in operating temps between the two jugs and fuel requirements made separate O2 sensors necessary, the difference is negligible and a single O2 sensor is fine. Personally I have absolutely no experience is this area; just passing along the info as was told to me.

I didn't think to ask him at the time but was wondering if a 2-into-1 like the viper 2 would obviate the whole question?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Does anyone know how to actually wire up a tach? I have a really nice little tach that would look great if I could wire it up. I've searched through all the posts and haven't been able to find a definitive answer on the subject. Is the Fury a single-fire ignition system?

My tach has a red wire for switched hot, black for ground, white for face light, and a green wire that's supposed to be hooked up to the "trigger side of coil (ground)". I have no idea where that might be on our bikes. Can anyone provide some clear and concise advice on exactly how to do this?

I'm not interested in starting up the debate about whether or not a Fury "should" have one or not - it's my bike, I paid for it, so I'm really not interested in the negative comments. Just looking for a mature, intelligent discourse from someone wise and knowledgeable that is willing to help me accomplish what it is I would like to do with my bike. I would be most appreciative of any assistance someone might be willing to provide. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
mature AND intelligent?...............good luck with that, you do remember where you are dont you?..................j/k would like to see some info also..................t

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Ace. I bet senior gar could help you out. He's a wealth of knowledge and hooked up a tach himself, along with many other cool mods. Send him a pm. He put all his mods on the other fury forum.

Oh, the fury is dual fire.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
The Fury is single fire in spite of it's two "dual fire" coils :rolleyes: which are used to fire the two spark plugs in each cylinder head. You can pick up a tach signal at the front blue/yellow primary coil wire (depending on your style of tach you may also need the rear yellow blue) under the tank. If it only reads half then you will need both coils and an adapter to average the two coils. My digital tach is here.

Single fire: one fire per two turns of the crank.
Dual fire: one fire per each turn of the crank (every second one is wasted). They can be found on Harleys that use one coil to fire both cylinders. Many four cylinder bikes just use two dual fire coils.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.