Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 12 Posts

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
In your tool box :D. It is a diagnostic tool as opposed to a running gauge and is intended for temporary mounting while fine tuning based on information retrieved during normal operation.
My BAD! The PC LCD unit is designed for permanent mounting :p which completely violates the chopper code of conduct regarding ethical adornments. We can only hope :rolleyes: that Dynojet Research will offer a custom fit dashboard for choppers as well :p.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
The Fury is single fire in spite of it's two "dual fire" coils :rolleyes: which are used to fire the two spark plugs in each cylinder head. You can pick up a tach signal at the front blue/yellow primary coil wire (depending on your style of tach you may also need the rear yellow blue) under the tank. If it only reads half then you will need both coils and an adapter to average the two coils. My digital tach is here.

Single fire: one fire per two turns of the crank.
Dual fire: one fire per each turn of the crank (every second one is wasted). They can be found on Harleys that use one coil to fire both cylinders. Many four cylinder bikes just use two dual fire coils.

·
Septuagenarian Rider
4,151 Posts
Ahh thank you for correcting me Senior Gar. I knew if anyone would know for sure you would.
Actually I was writing my post at the time you posted yours and later edited it to reflect your comment. No worries mate :) the terminology can be very confusing :confused:.
I love your gear indicator and tach, but wish I could mod the stock speedo to put them inside under the faceplate. Probably possible, but.......
If only it could be done :(. Now if you can get Honda to modify the odometer mode controller chip to include RPM/GEAR indication instead of that annoying clock, that would be ideal :D.

1 - 4 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.