Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been alot of interest in adding ABS to non-ABS Furys, today I was looking thru the new parts update and pulled some prices for those wishing to add ABS. This is NOT a complete list of all the parts needed, just some I could think of off hand. Rounded off.
Front wheel 799
Rear wheel 826
Pulser rings 111 (2 req)
Sensor 135 (2 req)
Speedometer 628
Master cyl 143
Front cal and bracket 381
Rear cal and bracket 270
Sub harness 115
Modulator 1190

$4844.00, prices were MSRP, not inc hoses, brackets, mount and box for modulator, etc. The wheels may just need to be drilled and tapped, and if you don't want the ABS fault light, you don't need a new speedometer. Also may need a new main harness, I didn't check the p/n of them.

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
There has been alot of interest in adding ABS to non-ABS Furys, today I was looking thru the new parts update and pulled some prices for those wishing to add ABS. This is NOT a complete list of all the parts needed, just some I could think of off hand. Rounded off.
Front wheel 799
Rear wheel 826
Pulser rings 111 (2 req)
Sensor 135 (2 req)
Speedometer 628
Master cyl 143
Front cal and bracket 381
Rear cal and bracket 270
Sub harness 115
Modulator 1190

$4844.00, prices were MSRP, not inc hoses, brackets, mount and box for modulator, etc. The wheels may just need to be drilled and tapped, and if you don't want the ABS fault light, you don't need a new speedometer. Also may need a new main harness, I didn't check the p/n of them.
Its all good information but would any body even consider it given the costs and would you really even notice the difference other than looking at your bank account. I say some things are better when left alone. Sorry but I would drag my feet to stop before I would spend five grand.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have to agree with Dave... that is just rediculous... but someone will do it out there. If you really need to have ABS for a 700lb bike, you are just to spoiled.... LOL

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
"There has been alot of interest in adding ABS to non-ABS Furys, today I was looking thru the new parts update and pulled some prices for those wishing to add ABS.
$4844.00, prices were MSRP, not inc hoses, brackets, mount and box for modulator, etc".

Thanks, Clueless, for your time and effort looking all this shit up. It should be rationally obvious to any and all, that if you already own a Fury, and JUST HAVE TO HAVE ABS, then you're better off trading-in or selling your existing machine and buying a new one with ABS. Personally, I don't understand the attraction, but then I'm an old fart who figured out, many years ago, how to use the front and rear brake affectatiously.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
, I don't understand the attraction, but then I'm an old fart who figured out, many years ago, how to use the front and rear brake affectatiously.

Cheers
Is that a real word ?

just posted it for info, when I use to build choppers they didn't even have front brakes LOL. Now I use the front alot more

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Is that a real word ?

just posted it for info, when I use to build choppers they didn't even have front brakes LOL. Now I use the front alot more
Actually it is, Clueless. I may, however, have spelled it wrong; I didn't spellcheck it before I hit Send.

On the issue of brakes, it generally takes new riders years, if ever, to figure out that, due to weight-transfer under rapid deceleration, over 95% of your machine's effective braking action is only available via the front brake. The rear brake is best utilized in the same fashion as a Sea Anchor; it just kinda keeps the whole thing going straight. There's a reason why motorcycles have, for years, come with big, heavy-duty, often multiple, brakes on the front, whereas the rear gets a small drum or disk brake. To fully appreciate just how effective the front brake can be, just watch an expert road-racer or a skilled crotch-rocket pilot do a "brakee"; there's 100% weight-transfer and 0% braking on the rear.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Is that a real word ?

Clueless;

I just consulted my Oxford Unabridged Dictionary and NO, apparently "affectatiously" IS NOT a real word. I've heard it used for years, but if it ain't in Oxfords, it doesn't exist. Sorry to have misled you.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Barfly I believe you where actually meaning to say "EFFECTUOSLY" which is a adverb meaning effectively. Just a thought. Happy Holidays

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Nah, read the sentence... it's AFFECTIONATELY goober :cool:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
............when I use to build choppers they didn't even have front brakes LOL. Now I use the front a lot more
Ya, Clueless, you took me back for a moment there. Back in the late 60's and early 70's, when the chopper craze hit, we were hacking and whacking-up perfectly good motorcycles down at the shop and lacing in spool hubs into the front wheels; no brakes! Hard to believe now, huh?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nah, read the sentence... it's AFFECTIONATELY goober :cool:

Barfly is the only one that can tell us if he was meaning affectively (in an affective manner; impressively; emotionally) or effectously (effectively). Both are from definitions.net I just dont see the emotion in using your brakes when you are talking about using them adequately.
As for calling me a "Goober", redspawn... if I am such a goober, why are you the one that put swirls and wrote "clean me" on a black bike with your fingers that does not belong to you? Even girls know that you dont touch the paint on another persons bike... especially a black bike... especially MY BIKE!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Barfly is the only one that can tell us if he was meaning affectively (in an affective manner; impressively; emotionally) or effectously (effectively). Both are from definitions.net I just dont see the emotion in using your brakes when you are talking about using them adequately.
As for calling me a "Goober", redspawn... if I am such a goober, why are you the one that put swirls and wrote "clean me" on a black bike with your fingers that does not belong to you? Even girls know that you dont touch the paint on another persons bike... especially a black bike... especially MY BIKE!!!!
*whistles* :eek:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'm staying the hell out'a this one!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
dang maby i shoulda held off on black too (I live on a dirt road ontop of the finger prints). Ohh well aslong as it isnt like it was at the dealer today, While im filling out paperwork for my down payment/ deposit 6 different groups of customers sitting on MY soon to be black bike. It got more attention then the matte silver sitting next to it. I was thinking about maby doing an ABS mod, but i grew up riding dirtbikes and have never had ABS on any bike i had ever ridden. more hoses showing, more parts to go bad, and more cost I need better convincing to go abs on a Fury

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
interresting

Just to add my 2 cents as for ABS dont want it as for the post you guys keep me laughing , I figured out why I like reading these post so well . :D David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts