Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 Honda Interstate with 15,000 miles brand new tires only upgrade is cobra exhaust I paid $3500 it's a very clean bike runs very good smooth no issues I'm aware of
... did I get a good deal?
I am going to make some changes, the seat has to go it sits me up to high I'd also like to change the wheels and the widest rear tire I can fit on it shorten the rear fender I prefer forward controls the stock platforms are awkward hard to get used to maybe in the future change the forks I'm not fond of the fat look it has now
I did not buy it to leave it the way it is I planned on making it my own ...any and all input is welcome from you experts in any help of any kind would be appreciated and thank you in advance
Screenshot_20201221-135657_Facebook_1608588954516.jpg
Screenshot_20201221-135657_Facebook_1608588954516.jpg
Screenshot_20201221-161446_Facebook_1608589050062.jpg
Screenshot_20201221-161444_Facebook_1608589015639.jpg
20201225_164248.jpg

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I had to look a bit as I don't know Interstate values, but yeah, it seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry I should apologize for posting an interstate in a fury forum
I started riding motorcycles at the age of 5 and I've been hooked ever since and have never been without 2 wheels of some sort
I am/was a Crotch Rocket biker up until a few years ago I got a honda shadow I really liked it the way I sat in the seat the position of my arms on the bars the forward controls other than the more I rode it it just wasnt big enough so this interstate came along and I jumped on it before I actually studied up on it read reviews etc
Well the 3 he ride home I realized what I didnt like about it what I'd like to do to change it to my liking and my comfort my style of riding when I search custom Honda interstate the majority of images I view and favor are the Honda Fury so if I would of did my research before I would of bought a fury further research has informed me they are basically the same bike and aftermarket parts are interchangeable and my hopes are I can build this bike into the bike I desire
So I joined this forum seeking help and advise from you guys what I consider experts in my rookie attempt of creating a bike I'm seeking
This orange bike (Fury) I am posting now is sorta the idea I have for the rear

Attachments

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I'm sorry I should apologize for posting an interstate in a fury forum
I started riding motorcycles at the age of 5 and I've been hooked ever since and have never been without 2 wheels of some sort
I am/was a Crotch Rocket biker up until a few years ago I got a honda shadow I really liked it the way I sat in the seat the position of my arms on the bars the forward controls other than the more I rode it it just wasnt big enough so this interstate came along and I jumped on it before I actually studied up on it read reviews etc
Well the 3 he ride home I realized what I didnt like about it what I'd like to do to change it to my liking and my comfort my style of riding when I search custom Honda interstate the majority of images I view and favor are the Honda Fury so if I would of did my research before I would of bought a fury further research has informed me they are basically the same bike and aftermarket parts are interchangeable and my hopes are I can build this bike into the bike I desire
So I joined this forum seeking help and advise from you guys what I consider experts in my rookie attempt of creating a bike I'm seeking
This orange bike (Fury) I am posting now is sorta the idea I have for the rear
That orange bike is a Suzuki M109R not a Fury.

You can put a 250/260 rear tire on the back of a Fury but it will cost you some money. Check out Sumo-X for all the plug & play stuff to make it happen.

You will have to swap out the swingarm either way to get a wider wheel even if you only swap to a Fury wheel.

·
Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
217 Posts
I have a Saber with some fury components, check my sig and posts.
The guys here I believe have accepted me as one of their own.

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
I can understand wanting to make a Honda Interstate look like:

The Honda VT1300 series is composed of the:
Fury (factory-custom chopper)
Sabre VT1300 (2010 version, discontinued muscle cruiser)
Stateline (retro-cruiser, discontinued)
and Interstate (basically a Stateline outfitted with a windscreen, floorboards, saddlebags, a larger brake pedal, and a heel-toe shifter, discontinued)

Having recently come from the Polaris Slingshot world I can appreciate that much more why people want a Honda.
SIDE NOTE: For the first time since last season I started the Honda 2-stage snow blower this past weekend; fired on the first pull and still has incredible power. Thank you Mr. Soichiro Honda and family.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Are you going to remove the bags ? There is a support bracket for them wrapped around the rear fender that will look fuggly if it is left on there with the fender bobbed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate everyone's input of comments, advice and replies so Thank you.
I am starting to think my interstate is wrong bike for my vision of the bike I want to build....or is it ???
There seems to be more I don't like about it than I do like. I've been told why dont I get a HD...let me clarify that I am not a fan of HD for my own personal reasons, I won't get into that aspect of choice or debate.
Love this bike! 2012 or 13 Honda Fury_1610466508154.jpg
21 Honda Fury's Cool Motorcycle - Vintagetopia_1610466545754.jpg
Custom Motorcycle Skull Accessories - Skull Enterprises_1610466583802.jpg
Dragões Libertos MC (@DragaoDLMC)_1610467545487.jpg
Super Motos - Só As Mais Belas_1610467582507.jpg
Thunderbike Track Racer • H-D Night Rod VRSCD_X Custom Umbau_1610467613791.jpg

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
You got a good deal on your bike so maybe you could clean it up a bit and flip it. Then buy a Fury and start from there. It will cost you a lot more to get Fury parts to fit an Interstate and it's probably not worth your time to go down that road.

If it were me I'd be inclined to keep the Interstate for touring and make use of the factory hard bags. Or take it somewhere I'd not want to take my Fury in case it got stolen. Then again for long distance touring nothing beats a Goldwing.......

·
Registered
Rock Stock 2019 ABS
192 Posts
You got a good deal on your bike so maybe you could clean it up a bit and flip it. Then buy a Fury and start from there. It will cost you a lot more to get Fury parts to fit an Interstate and it's probably not worth your time to go down that road.

If it were me I'd be inclined to keep the Interstate for touring and make use of the factory hard bags. Or take it somewhere I'd not want to take my Fury in case it got stolen. Then again for long distance touring nothing beats a Goldwing.......
This.

I think you're deal was good, and I agree with @macxpert.

I would be driving a Stateline/Interstate today, if I had been able to turn the handlebars past my knees when we went to test drive one. I never even started the motor. However, I strongly prefer the Fury now. Sooo fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts