Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2016 Fury in SC that caught my attention online and trailered it back to Wilmington NC. Pics attached.
I absolutely love the minimalistic approach the previous owner adopted and I really enjoy riding it.

One of my concerns is safety as that is very important to me and I feel that the turn signals, both front, and rear are inadequate, despite my affection for the appearance of what the seller has done.

I am looking for advice on ways to complement the existing LED set up with additional turn signals both front and rear. I dont paticularly wish to replace whats already there, however I am open to suggestions.

What I have now are integrated turn signals within the upgraded LED headlight and slim integrated brake and turn signals which become amber on either side of center when using the turn signals. Looks killer, but I am questioning the safety aspect.

I am looking for advice and ideas from this forum as I am sure many of you have some solid ones. If it means anything, the Rizoma range has my attention in that the turn signal lights can double as turn, brake and tail lights and do the same upfront as turn and front position lights but I am not married to this product. I also do not know which style would be most suited to my bike.
Universal Indicator Lights by Rizoma Bikes Accessories -

I'd be grateful if you could offer me some suggestions, on what products and styles to consider and how you would mount them, please? I have the added challenge of the original tail light assembly been removed so I need to find another solution for mounting the rear turn signals. Would you drill through the fender for example or try fabricate some kind of bracket which could look rather unsightly? Must be a first class finish and in keeping with the current vibe I have going on for me to be satisfied.

Many thanks in advance
Steve

Attachments

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
You could try this with a little modification it should work.

Reactions: Gizmo

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this. I will consider it as an option however my License plate has been relocated to the side of the bike making this option a little more difficult.

Super Moderator
There are several threads with "DOT" lights, probably what you want to Search for as DOT-compliant lights have been tested under many different conditions for full visibility.

On the Shadow Build the owner wanted a brighter tail light for safety, so we just replaced two stock bulbs in the OEM housing with LED (non-DOT). Standard running brightness is now what used to be braking brightness, and braking is just short of blinding at night (but great during the day). (So BRIGHT but not blinding and within the spirit of the law.)

The single-strip LED you have is hard to see when it's sunny out, the double-strip is better but not great.

You may wish to supplement the minimalist look with Kellermann bullets. Super tiny, super bright.They're not DOT certified, part of it being viewing angle (they're hard to see from the side). (sold individually, so 2 for the rear + 2 for the front are needed)

Another tiny option is Joker Machine Rat Eye LED turn signals (they come in single and double lens units, the doubles are DOT-compliant). Note there is a minimum spacing requirement per the D.O.T., so if that's your thing you'll want stalk extensions.

For up front fork rings might be an option--basically a white ring of LEDs that goes around the fork. This is not DOT compliant as the spacing between the headlight and directional indicators is not enough.

There used to be a mount bracket for the turn signals under the rear fender, and fork brackets up front (see below). How you mount the new lights depends on what you get.

Registered
2010 Sabre of Fury
Yes, I also moved mine. I was thinking that you could use the light assembly and attach it to the backing plate your tag is attached to. You could still keep the vertical mount.:cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
There are several threads with "DOT" lights, probably what you want to Search for as DOT-compliant lights have been tested under many different conditions for full visibility.

On the Shadow Build the owner wanted a brighter tail light for safety, so we just replaced two stock bulbs in the OEM housing with LED (non-DOT). Standard running brightness is now what used to be braking brightness, and braking is just short of blinding at night (but great during the day). (So BRIGHT but not blinding and within the spirit of the law.)

The single-strip LED you have is hard to see when it's sunny out, the double-strip is better but not great.

You may wish to supplement the minimalist look with Kellermann bullets. Super tiny, super bright.They're not DOT certified, part of it being viewing angle (they're hard to see from the side). (sold individually, so 2 for the rear + 2 for the front are needed)

Another tiny option is Joker Machine Rat Eye LED turn signals (they come in single and double lens units, the doubles are DOT-compliant). Note there is a minimum spacing requirement per the D.O.T., so if that's your thing you'll want stalk extensions.

For up front fork rings might be an option--basically a white ring of LEDs that goes around the fork. This is not DOT compliant as the spacing between the headlight and directional indicators is not enough.

There used to be a mount bracket for the turn signals under the rear fender, and fork brackets up front (see below). How you mount the new lights depends on what you get.

View attachment 238976

View attachment 238977

Thanks a bunch for this valuable information. The Kellermann option is something I would consider. Great pic of your bike btw. Thanks for sharing.

Registered
I'm not sure how stealth you want to go, but I bought a set of cat eyes and moved them to the inside of the forks. On the back, I eliminated the whole factory setup and went with the light bar. It has running/stop/turn signals all in one.
IMG_20201205_144305747_MP.jpg
IMG_20201005_130131808_HDR_1 (1)_1_1_1.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts