Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a Fury for over a year now and finially got the okay from the old lady and saved up 10-11k. Anyway, I found a 2010 matte silver with 3k miles with cobra swept pipes. This is the bike I want, however there is a pretty significant ding on the top of the tank. The owner said a stone hit it.

My question is, does anyone know if a nickel size dent/dimple can be fixed on the tank? If so, would it match up unnoticable? My opinion was a new tank would need to be purchased. Didn't know how expensive they are. CHeapest I found was over $700
I do not want to buy a brand new 2011 being I really like the limitied edition matte silver and I'm hoping to save a few grand from brand new. I really don't want to pass this one up. I got the seller down to $ 8,300.

Thank you for any info you may have.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I've been wanting a Fury for over a year now and finially got the okay from the old lady and saved up 10-11k. Anyway, I found a 2010 matte silver with 3k miles with cobra swept pipes. This is the bike I want, however there is a pretty significant ding on the top of the tank. The owner said a stone hit it.

My question is, does anyone know if a nickel size dent/dimple can be fixed on the tank? If so, would it match up unnoticable? My opinion was a new tank would need to be purchased. Didn't know how expensive they are. CHeapest I found was over $700
I do not want to buy a brand new 2011 being I really like the limitied edition matte silver and I'm hoping to save a few grand from brand new. I really don't want to pass this one up. I got the seller down to $ 8,300.

Thank you for any info you may have.
buy the bike!! you can get the tank fixed a lot cheaper then a new one. that s a great deal

·
Registered
893 Posts
I could fix the tank and it be just like brand new for about $400. Buy the bike!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Get the bike, there are a lot of helpful people here both with the ability to help and knowledge to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Easy E, whats the best way to fix a circular dent on the tank? Do I call on autobody shops? Thank you

·
Registered
318 Posts
Easy does paint jobs for alot of the members as well as some other mods. From his post, it looks like he can fix it for you.

The bike seems like a great deal... Even though it isnt the much faster black version....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Pnasty. I have a photo of the damage, but having a little difficulty posting on here. Asking for a URL..

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
those dimples are nothing to fix.if you wait long you wait wrong.get the bike and have the tank fixed.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I bought a bike off a buddy one time that had dropped it and snapped the bar stop off and from then on the bar would hit the tank on the right side. Thats what my dents looked like so check the bars and make sure it doesnt hit it could be a rebuild.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
That's may be from a rock. But not when the previous owner was going down the road on it!
I would look that bike over HARD! Looks like it was dumped to me? If it wasn't you got a good deal. But don't let your excitement get the best of you. You can also check to see if there was ever an insurance claim made on it by running the VIN!
Good luck with it. Hope it pans out.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
That's may be from a rock. But not when the previous owner was going down the road on it!
I would look that bike over HARD! Looks like it was dumped to me? If it wasn't you got a good deal. But don't let your excitement get the best of you. You can also check to see if there was ever an insurance claim made on it by running the VIN!
What he said too ........ ^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
. You can also check to see if there was ever an insurance claim made on it by running the VIN!
Stupid thought for the day, does carfax have motorcycle info by VIN # ?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
You can, just pop the vin in and they will tell you if they have anything. Its just they don't have as much info on bikes, also you can run VIN at DMV. That appears to me to be minor damage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts