Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the fury forums so I hope I posted in the correct area. Just wanted to know if anyone has tips of what I can do to adjust headlight beam. I installed a light from Amazon that is for Harleys so no brackets to connect to but I read that it worked with some mods. So I took out the OEM bracket inside and had to grind out some things to make it fit but it currently points a little up and right. I only notice with high beams that it's off. Is there some kind of putty I can use to slightly adjust it. Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Whatever you do imagine hitting a bump at 70mph...I would be cautious with putty. I have had luck with JB Weld on certain projects but user mileage may vary.

I just went with a whole new housing and mounting bracket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever you do imagine hitting a bump at 70mph...I would be cautious with putty. I have had luck with JB Weld on certain projects but user mileage may vary.

I just went with a whole new housing and mounting bracket. View attachment 240291
Ya it's been working for about a year now but would like it aimed right. I may buy a new light and housing later. I don't want to JB it since I will be replacing the trees for the 23" wheel conversion soon so after I may also. I just wanted to know mainly so it doesn't cause a fire haha....sweet looking bike BTW....I'll get pictures soon once I get it back from shop

·
Registered
2,526 Posts

I just went with a whole new housing and mounting bracket.
Where'd you relocate all the wiring stuffed in the headlight to?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Where'd you relocate all the wiring stuffed in the headlight to?
I deleted the headlight wiring harness and directly sodered it (physical space constraints) and moved everything under the tank on the spine... real pain in the grits but it's where my project ended up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I deleted the headlight wiring harness and directly sodered it (physical space constraints) and moved everything under the tank on the spine... real pain in the grits but it's where my project ended up.
Did you make that headlight mount or buy it some where? Did you delete both white harnesses in the bucket? I really want to put a Bates style bobber light on mine but I already have another bike that doesn't run in the rain thanks to my electrical abilities. Lol!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Did you make that headlight mount or buy it some where? Did you delete both white harnesses in the bucket? I really want to put a Bates style bobber light on mine but I already have another bike that doesn't run in the rain thanks to my electrical abilities. Lol!
For the bracket I used the link below, very pleased with the quality of the part. Only solution I found for properly mounting aftermarket buckets.

https://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=218120

Great question about the wiring harness(es) I don't recall offhand

There's about the worst picture of all time and the only one I took maybe hang on...yep sorry. The only one I took. I think I did both harnesses Jeez.

Also below is a template for the speedo if anyone needs it. 🤘🏻🤘🏻.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If I recall I deleted both harnesses. I sodered and used heat shrink on the individual connections and larger heat shrink on both bundles separately...that combined with tucking under the tank I've ridden in torrential downpours with no issues at all. Really gotta be on your Ps and Qs when redoing the harnesses...be very methodical.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts