Honda Fury Forums: banner

Aftermarket Stuff (opinions wanted) 💪

3K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Slikk83 
#1 ·
Alright guys Im putting my first full summer with my fury in the books. I'm looking for YOUR best upgrades with the fury. I already have hacker ripper pipes, mustang front and passenger seat, spike intake, underflow, LED headlight, mirrors and fork speakers. Im repainting the frame this winter

#7 ·
Whatever you "have" to change, that's the way to go.

While a big investment, the Sumo-X fat rear tire kit adds a lot to the looks, though road cracks become harsher. An air suspension is pretty awesome, @Kbuskill has a lot of great advice, and there are threads on rolling your own. Mine bucks the trend by having lowered and swept back bars, if you want six-pack abs there's your workout. A side-mounted speedo is also a good look, but a bit inconvenient--everything has tradeoffs when starting with an awesomely designed bike like the Fury.

#11 ·
I don't make a habit of grabbing or squeezing anything like a knife blade. Bad things usually happen and the juice that's supposed to stay on the inside often ends up on the outside. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

#14 ·
Being serious for half a second. The edges that you grab have hard corners and don't look very comfortable. Then what happens if your fingers get caught between the levers a the bars in an accident or if the bike falls on you and part of you gets stabbed by the pointy end? Probably a good idea to keep looking. Or you could be really radical and leave the stock levers on.

#18 ·
@SNAKE BIT
Having used the type of levers @FURY-S1 listed for the last 2+ years I would say they're not bad after moding them.
Out of the box they are wobbly. Press out the brass bushing from the OE levers, drill out the bolt hole of the new ones press the bushings in made a big difference.
@macxpert observation is mostly correct, the finger notches are uncomfortable without gloves on. Have not done it yet but planning on champfering the finger notches a bit.
The tip is not as pointed as the picture make it look but does have a sharp edge as a result of manufacturing. Couple of minutes with a file and problem gone.
As for getting fingers caught between grip and lever is no different then if they were OE. The edge of the blade is blunt.
My only real complaint with the levers would be with the finish. Typical cheap Chinese anodizing where the black will turn a bronze color when exposed to UV. Nothing a coat of paint won't fix.
Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part

#28 ·
Hated the sight of these things all my life & decided to give Burchard a try, just the best thing ever if your tall & superb quality

First kilometre I almost took it back to the shop to get them removed… 3 weeks later I thought ok this isn’t as bad as I first thought but now I wouldn’t have a chopper style bike without them.

I also wouldn’t have a Fury without Cobra Swept pipes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.