Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Few days ago i went to the dealer in hopes of ordering one of those Spike intakes or something bad ass and unique etc... For some reason the only thing available was the cobra power flo. So being impatient and wanting to get something ordered i went with it... Got the black one figuring itd go nice with the black pipes, wheels etc which i think it will... So i dont care if i get negative comments or what.. Did i make a stupid move, should i of looked around etc? How is the CPF? Are they nice etc... Thats one department im unfamilar with... Tho im hoping itll atleast look better than the stock one..........
And by any chance is there anyone on here that has a matte silver le with blk swepts and the blk CPF? Maybe i can check out a pic to see what im in store for.... Thx alot...

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
they are very nice, and come with everything you need. many dealers dont have distributino rights for the aftermarket parts scene.

if you want to do something to the bike, best bet is to post here BEFORE buying. people will lay out your options.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Few days ago i went to the dealer in hopes of ordering one of those Spike intakes or something bad ass and unique etc... For some reason the only thing available was the cobra power flo. So being inpatient and wanting to get something ordered i went with it... Got the black one figuring itd go nice with the black pipes, wheels etc which i think it will... So i dont care if i get negative comments or what.. Did i make a stupid move, should i of looked around etc? How is the CPF? Are they nice etc... Thats one department im unfamilar with... Tho im hoping itll atleast look better than the stock one..........
And by any chance is there anyone on here that has a matte silver le with blk swepts and the blk CPF? Maybe i can check out a pic to see what im in store for.... Thx alot...
Thats a good choice in my book!

Looks nice and yes a few Furys have them Matte in black.. I have seen pics around...

Does it use a KNR round filter?
I put a S&S adapter and used a B&D cover

I think this one you have and or the Kuryakyn one the charger deal look great too!:cool:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Few days ago i went to the dealer in hopes of ordering one of those Spike intakes or something bad ass and unique etc... For some reason the only thing available was the cobra power flo. So being inpatient and wanting to get something ordered i went with it... Got the black one figuring itd go nice with the black pipes, wheels etc which i think it will... So i dont care if i get negative comments or what.. Did i make a stupid move, should i of looked around etc? How is the CPF? Are they nice etc... Thats one department im unfamilar with... Tho im hoping itll atleast look better than the stock one..........
Dude do not order through your local stealership ! All my orders where online or from shops I found online and I made sure I shopped around for the best price before I placed any order . You will save some money this way ...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Captain, Led, Billy, thanks alot for your input. I guess they,ll look nice and i made a ok choice... Will i notice anything? A tad bit more power? A slightly different sound? Or is it mainly looks? Yeah billy i hear ya, makes sence... What would a nice price of been? Then i,ll say what i shelled out

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
what billy said.if you buy from a dealer you are throwing your money away.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Captain, Led, Billy, thanks alot for your input. I guess they,ll look nice and i made a ok choice... Will i notice anything? A tad bit more power? A slightly different sound? Or is it mainly looks? Yeah billy i hear ya, makes sence... What would a nice price of been? Then i,ll say what i shelled out
Idk what a dealerships mark up is but I'm assuming at the very least of 15% ...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
200 bucks, but to be honest, i know you guys are gonna think im stupid but they,re gonna put it on too. Id surely fu-k something up... Hour labor? Less?

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
200 bucks, but to be honest, i know you guys are gonna think im stupid but they,re gonna put it on too. Id surely fu-k something up... Hour labor? Less?
Would think so at 1 hour. Took me around that to do mine.

But its not that hard to do at home with some basic tools and take your time on install. :D

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
oh yeah that will work. you might have to remap the pvc for the increased air intake. would be cool if someone on here had swepts ( are you running baffles ) and the cobra power flow and already had a map you could just sync

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The Cobra Power Flo is an excellent, well designed air induction unit, clearly superior to some of the other options out there. And you were wise to incorporate the fuel-controller at the same time, otherwise, with the pipes and the new, higher-flow air filter, you'd have been running too lean. However, in order to optimize your induction/exhaust system with the PC-V, you'll have to find someone with the correct map for the same system, or take it to a competent (one well-versed in the PC-V) dyno-shop to have it dialed-in. Since you're using Cobra components end-to-end, I suspect that the Cobra Co. has, on file, a tested, well-developed, and proven map for your set-up, which will eliminate most (if not all) of the fumbling guess-work and uncertainty usually associated with trying to adapt and optimize the PC-V to the Fury. I'm sure that, once you get it correctly dialed-in, you'll be quite pleased with your new system. My two-bits...........

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
The Cobra Power Flo is an excellent, well designed air induction unit, clearly superior to some of the other options out there. And you were wise to incorporate the fuel-controller at the same time, otherwise, with the pipes and the new, higher-flow air filter, you'd have been running too lean. However, in order to optimize your induction/exhaust system with the PC-V, you'll have to find someone with the correct map for the same system, or take it to a competent (one well-versed in the PC-V) dyno-shop to have it dialed-in. Since you're using Cobra components end-to-end, I suspect that the Cobra Co. has, on file, a tested, well-developed, and proven map for your set-up, which will eliminate most (if not all) of the fumbling guess-work and uncertainty usually associated with trying to adapt and optimize the PC-V to the Fury. I'm sure that, once you get it correctly dialed-in, you'll be quite pleased with your new system. My two-bits...........

Cheers
not that cobra has pvc maps. wouldnt they just try and rep their f1200r or the new pro tuner one that is an instant mapping all the time?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
not that cobra has pvc maps. wouldn't they just try and rep their f1200r or the new pro tuner one that is an instant mapping all the time?
Could be, but I don't think so. They're such a well-established, professional, and up-standing company that I'm sure they'd be willing to share any set-up info they've developed. If not, then Dyna-Jet would surely have the optimal map on file. Again, my two-bits................

Cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've got the black and a matte fury with black Cobra swepts... I love the air filter. It cleaned up the area and totally changed the looks of the engine. The scoop from the front looks mean to boot. The price is good and it was easy enough to install on your own. I'd almost recommend it so you've got a better idea of how that's all set up. The instructions were written well.

You'll be happy with it, especially when you fire it up and hear the air sucking through that K&N filter.

I'm running the modified baffles in the swepts and actually drilled out larger holes as well. I've been running the PCV with the configuration and am quite happy with the performance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts