Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next upgrade is the ecu flash and air intake. My question is about the air intake. On a car, the main thing was surface area, filter placement, and tubes that are as straight as possible.

On a bike, there is one bend! A filter can be replaced. Are there big differences between the $300 intakes and the <$100? At this point I'm guessing it must be the finish and the filter quality? Am I on the right track?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I don't ride on that raggedy edge enough that the minor differences between intakes will be hugely evident. I also am not sure that the Fury is a good bike for that. So I went with what I liked the looks of. Kuryakn Velociraptor, is very much like a simple velocity stack, but it has a filter.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I have a spike air cleaner that was made in China. It's 8 /12 years old and going strong. All I do is change the air filter element and polish the chrome. The US made spikes are very nice but they are 4 times the price and they use the same filter element as the Chinese ones.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
If you want to get creative and have lots of options, you can make a Sportster/Harley style intake work too. There are a few ways to do this.
This happened to be the way I did it:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts