Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Looking around for an air cleaner/intake and mount, and a new seat for my bike. Before I go pay retail I wanted to check here!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hey all,

Looking around for an air cleaner/intake and mount, and a new seat for my bike. Before I go pay retail I wanted to check here!
Depending on what air intake style you want, you can easily convert an HD or VTX spike to work with our bikes. The Accutronix one is nice but it's $$$ and you can mod an intake for close to nothing.

Here's WAGunner's writeup on how to modify a sportster air intake. I will be doing something kind of similar in the future (I purchased everything already)

https://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-diy-area/81882-diy-sportster-air-cleaner.html

I'm going to use this cleaner because it's a bit lower profile than what I have now and it will work better having more room with forward controls on. I kind of have to wrap my leg "around" my spike intake to get the brake peg. Not a deal killer, but time to change it up. Plus, I think the clear cover exposing the throttle body butterfly will look sick:

If you're interested in modifying a VTX spike intake for $50-something, this is my write up:

https://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/85249-ebay-vtx-spike-intake-install-my-write-up.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on what air intake style you want, you can easily convert an HD or VTX spike to work with our bikes. The Accutronix one is nice but it's $$$ and you can mod an intake for close to nothing.

Here's WAGunner's writeup on how to modify a sportster air intake. I will be doing something kind of similar in the future (I purchased everything already)

https://www.furyforums.com/forum/fury-diy-area/81882-diy-sportster-air-cleaner.html

I'm going to use this cleaner because it's a bit lower profile than what I have now and it will work better having more room with forward controls on. I kind of have to wrap my leg "around" my spike intake to get the brake peg. Not a deal killer, but time to change it up. Plus, I think the clear cover exposing the throttle body butterfly will look sick:

If you're interested in modifying a VTX spike intake for $50-something, this is my write up:

https://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/85249-ebay-vtx-spike-intake-install-my-write-up.html
Thats very good info, and normally I would be all for that. I'm looking at https://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=215774 if i buy retail. 300 comes with all the mounting. I've got so much to do on my bike with not enough time to do it all. So i'd rather pay a bit more if possible to get something much quicker to 'bolt on' per say.

·
Super Moderator
2,872 Posts
....I've got so much to do on my bike with not enough time to do it all. So i'd rather pay a bit more if possible to get something much quicker to 'bolt on' per say.
Other members told me and I'll pass it along: It's better to go slow. Do one thing at a time, and take your time.

It's great advice.
- If three things are changed and something goes wrong, it's a bugger to figure out the cause.
- If you rush and chip the paint: Sux.
- Find something way better as you're working on modification #1 and already own the parts for mod #2: Sux.
- Realize Y would work better than X, and X is sitting on the shelf in a box: Sux.
- Concentrating on mods 1, 2, 3 and forget how things go back together: Sux.

Do as you will, just passing along advice several members gave me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other members told me and I'll pass it along: It's better to go slow. Do one thing at a time, and take your time.

It's great advice.
- If three things are changed and something goes wrong, it's a bugger to figure out the cause.
- If you rush and chip the paint: Sux.
- Find something way better as you're working on modification #1 and already own the parts for mod #2: Sux.
- Realize Y would work better than X, and X is sitting on the shelf in a box: Sux.
- Concentrating on mods 1, 2, 3 and forget how things go back together: Sux.

Do as you will, just passing along advice several members gave me.
So far everything i've gotten has been for comfort (sans my exhaust). Extended forward controls, Lighting, etc. I completely understand what you're saying, but its things I genuinely need/want.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
25 Posts
seat

I have a Factory 1 up seat off a 2016 that was only on the bike for 2 months. perfect shape.

If interested hit me up personal e-mail [email protected]. I don't check this site as often as I would like.

I can do $175 and you pay shipping. I am in Dallas Texas

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have a Factory 1 up seat off a 2016 that was only on the bike for 2 months. perfect shape.

If interested hit me up personal e-mail [email protected]. I don't check this site as often as I would like.

I can do $175 and you pay shipping. I am in Dallas Texas
As OP stated, he is building his bike for comfort and the stock seat is the farthest thing from it, so going out on a limb to say that he's looking aftermarket.

Also, 99% of this forum, and anyone with a Fury, know how uncomfortable the stock seat is without sending it out for mods.

So just a tad of advice so you don't have to go search yourself, the stock seat will likely not bring you any money around here. Most are willing to let go of it for free + shipping. Not trying to sound harsh, just being honest with you.

You may have better luck to try to turn a profit on Ebay or similar.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Maybe it's an issue with taller people. I'm 6'1" (not insanely tall) and about 195 lb. It puts an immense amount of pressure on my tailbone area and I have issues with my throttle hand going numb (well both actually). I still have my project to mod the stock factory seat I got and I know exactly where and what material I need to remove from the seat to alleviate the issue. I need to get some foam on order

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Maybe it's an issue with taller people. I'm 6'1" (not insanely tall) and about 195 lb. It puts an immense amount of pressure on my tailbone area and I have issues with my throttle hand going numb (well both actually). I still have my project to mod the stock factory seat I got and I know exactly where and what material I need to remove from the seat to alleviate the issue. I need to get some foam on order

Interesting! My throttle arm goes numb at times, too. I just figured it was age. I'm 6'1
and 220, now I wonder if the bike is just bad at positioning people our size/build?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Interesting! My throttle arm goes numb at times, too. I just figured it was age. I'm 6'1
and 220, now I wonder if the bike is just bad at positioning people our size/build?
Yeah I did some reading about throttle hand going numb for others on this forum and it tended to lead to the pressure point in your tailbone area from the seat combined with the bar position. A set of risers and a seat usually was the cure. I'd like to eliminate 1 thing at a time, and I know for a fact that I need to do the seat so I'll start there.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Yeah I did some reading about throttle hand going numb for others on this forum and it tended to lead to the pressure point in your tailbone area from the seat combined with the bar position. A set of risers and a seat usually was the cure. I'd like to eliminate 1 thing at a time, and I know for a fact that I need to do the seat so I'll start there.
I've done the seat already, no change, but now I'm thinking riding position is my issue, I'll have to try different positions. I do want low apes, but I just sent money in to get a sissy bar made, so swinging bars right now won't be popular.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts