Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to get a hypercharger on this bike. Does anyone know if one designed for the vtx 1800 would fit? Is the throttle body that much different?

·
Registered
829 Posts
What is the difference?

Are there performance differences between the spike air intakes, hyperchargers, and after market air boxes (like S&S) or do they all pretty much dothe same thing and it is a cosmetic preference? If there is a difference what is the best for performance?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are there performance differences between the spike air intakes, hyperchargers, and after market air boxes (like S&S) or do they all pretty much dothe same thing and it is a cosmetic preference? If there is a difference what is the best for performance?
Hyperchargers are like a "Ram Air" intake. they scoop air into the engine while you are moving at speed. Most aftermarket air boxes will typically be less restrictive than stock, allowing more air flow.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course, there is never a simple solution. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I sent an email to kuryakyn today, so we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any word back from these kuryakyn? / What filters have other people been putting on?

Just got off the phone with Kuryakyn, dude said "Sounds like a good winter project" I said "Awesome".

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm at my work computer right now, so i don't have the email they sent me back to show you, but they basically said that they are not working on it, and they may consider making and adapter to fit the hypercharger for the vtx if sales on the fury pick up more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts