Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what have you guys used for a seal between your air intake and adapter?

accutronix instructions states "install your air cleaner and gasket following its instructions" but my L&M didn't come with a gasket for the 90 elbow... so for now i got metal on metal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When I did mine, you used the rubber seal from the stock air.
between the accutronix adaptor and the 90 elbow? this is what i originally thought too, but when i tried it the diameter of the oring seal was interfering with the circle bolt pattern on the adaptor. so i moved the oring to between the 90 and filter.

added:
my bad... i reread what you said. the rubber from the STOCK air. i didn't think of that. :rolleyes:

thanks dude

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i didn't care for the L&M adaptor with the 2 extra filters, thats why i went with chrome accutronix.

When I did mine, you used the rubber seal from the stock air.
i checked my stock cleaner and all i had was the housing and a "gasket" that was odd shaped that fit up next to the boot. but no gasket that was reusable to fit between the black 90 elbow and chrome adapter i have now.

the area i'm curious if is a problem is the [metal on metal] between the black 90 and chrome adapter shown below. thats ok... i'll see if i can locate something at an autostore and just cut to fit the diameter i need.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
i see where you are talking about.my setup came with a gasket.

i have an extra if you need it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good news is a local bike repair shop cut me a square of gasket paper and i made me a gasket to fit today.

the bad news is when i removed my 90 elbow i had a few droplets of water collected in the adaptor (not in the manifold thank goodness). ive only rode it once since the install which was about 30 miles the other evening.. but it was real humid out coming home. so i'm not sure if that was it or not. shes garage kept so no rain has been on it.

is this normal for moisture to collect in the adaptor like that? doesnt sound good next to the manifold to me but i dont know much about engines. also is this moisture supposed to drain into the btm smaller hose when it collects? maybe with the bike leaned away on the kickstand it wasn't able to drain. i'm not sure...

any thoughts?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
***bump***

curious if anyones ran into this before... finding water droplets in their intake adaptor on disassembly?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have dual D2Moto spikes on L&M Spike adapter and have never had water in the elbow or anywhere else. I got caught in the rain not to long ago without my sock on and had to haul it home. Took it apart when I got home and it was bone dry inside.

This is going to sound stupid, but your garage isn't air conditioned is it? I used to live in Port Arthur so I know how humid it is down there, could be just condensation. Either way, i'd get some socks to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah my garage isn't a/c'd... and true i didn't have a sock on the other night but still i'm surprised there would be droplets collected from humidity from just short ride like that. hmm... this has me a little concerned now.

ok thanks guys, i got my sock on now and fingers crossed i dont have any serious issues in the future.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Intake Seal?

yeah i didn't care for the L&M adaptor with the 2 extra filters, thats why i went with chrome accutronix.

i checked my stock cleaner and all i had was the housing and a "gasket" that was odd shaped that fit up next to the boot. but no gasket that was reusable to fit between the black 90 elbow and chrome adapter i have now.

the area i'm curious if is a problem is the [metal on metal] between the black 90 and chrome adapter shown below. thats ok... i'll see if i can locate something at an autostore and just cut to fit the diameter i need.
Your Air Cleaner was designed for a Harley so you need a Harley Air Cleaner Gasket # 29062-95 (if my memory is correct). Dont ask for for an intake gasket, or you will have a gasket that will not work.

baby-harp-seal-2.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your Air Cleaner was designed for a Harley so you need a Harley Air Cleaner Gasket # 29062-95 (if my memory is correct). Dont ask for for an intake gasket, or you will have a gasket that will not work.
i ended up going to a local bike shop and got some gasket paper from them and traced out one and am using it between the 90 elbow and your adaptor now. hopefully this will work just as well... but if i have any probs with it i'll be sure to check out this HD gasket you mentioned above. thanks for the info...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah thats what i made from gasket paper. before i just had metal on metal and i guess maybe that led to some moisture getting in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts