Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't make it to the Bike show today in manhattan but my cousin is at the show whom works for Orange County Bobbers and just reported to me that He was talking to the builder of the Honda Fury slammer which is one bad ass bagger . The builder of the slammer told My cousin that Tricky air Ride is now offering a front fork and rear air ride bolt on conversion !!! I just went to the site but didn't see it . they will Definitely be recieving a call tomorrow !!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Its not a fury, its a stateline so I dont know if the forks are the same but the rear shock might be.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not a fury, its a stateline so I dont know if the forks are the same but the rear shock might be.
Dude your right holy shit i actually thought it was a fury but just looked it up and i am wrong but now i have to contact my cousin to see what this guy actually ment by Tricky is offering air ride system is it just for the stateline or for the fury as well ????

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Fury with Sumo-X air lowering system (ALS)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I think the lines were crossed in their conversation ! Lol... but will the air ride still fit in the fury ?????

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I believe things are a little tighter on the stateline, but hopefully it is a winner.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
MF’R, will my bike set that low or is yours lower because you cut your frame?
not in the rear yours will not get as low as mine, your 250 tire is taller then oem and my metzler 210 is shorter then oem, then I also have done the shock mod. your correct on the front tho, mine will be lower because the MFR mod

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Wonder if the shock mod would cause my fender to hit then? Hmmm.
it won't hit, also bigjohn is trying a spring mod i have made up and will see if we can get away from grinding the swingarm

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I'm wondering about this spring MOD can you elaberate ??
with a shock mod you remove the shock and re drill the mounting hole 3/8" up from oem, shave the swing arm remount it.
Lowers the bike at the taillight 1-1/2" and 3/4 at the rear of the frame.

So basically what I think will happen with the spring mod is using the oem spring. shave 3/16" off each end equals 3/8" shorter. theoretically, even when its compressed and reinstalled on the shock using the oem seating, it will be 3/8" shorter. which should allow the shock to compress that 3/8" which it turn lowers the bike just like the shock mod with out having to shave the swing arm or re drill the shock. all we have to do is swap a spring. If it works, I have 3 more oem springs that will be heading to the mill to get shaved.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you don’t think I will bottom out, bring one over.
That's my problem with the L&M spring ! I scrape the frame all the time ! To top it off I only weigh 185 lb. This is why I would love an air ride . Ride her at a height where I don't scrape and drop her to the ground when I hit the bar !

·
Registered
893 Posts
That's my problem with the L&M spring ! I scrape the frame all the time ! To top it off I only weigh 185 lb. This is why I would love an air ride . Ride her at a height where I don't scrape and drop her to the ground when I hit the bar !

I agree! I have been talking and am getting ready to start R&D with a company in an Air Ride for the Fury. We should be doing some mock up and installation on a prototype in the next week. Do you want me to keep you up to date on this?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Umm... YEAH!!!

Hey MFR, my friend is out of town this weekend so it will be another day or two before I get the spring on.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree! I have been talking and am getting ready to start R&D with a company in an Air Ride for the Fury. We should be doing some mock up and installation on a prototype in the next week. Do you want me to keep you up to date on this?
Hell yeah !!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
We had the Tricky shock and did some development for 3 months. It's a good unit, but to make it work you have to cut the frame and the seat pan for the shock to clear. It's not a big deal, but there's no way around it. Plus it doesn't lower your frame all the way down, but on the plus side those with T-mods it might stop just before the frame. We sold our test shock to West Coast Honda in Austrialia. They now have it on their bike and love it. We just gave up on the deal because of needing to cut the bike to make it work and also Tricky's prices were to high for us.
Just a little inside to this setup.

BTW... the stock spring is ok, but no way near as comfortable of a ride as our Honda Fury Lowered Spring. If your scraping in the turns with our Spring then turn up the adjustment knob for the condition of riding. This will stiffen the ride for better control and improve scrapping in the turns.
LM

1 - 20 of 28 Posts