Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there are any reliable/worth the cash out there for our bikes, thinking about this system with a sumo-x kit soon. Anybody out there have any opinions about an air ride suspension kit for our bikes also, didn't low and mean say they were going to make a kit?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Low and Mean and Sumo X are the only two I know of that were working on one. I didn't think either of them were ready for production/sale yet.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
L&M was working on one but havent heard anything about it lately.They have a video up on you-tube showing the system.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will you rub the frame that comes with the sumo-x kit if you put a lowering spring on the rear end? I seen some pics but wasn't sure it would be a problem to lower it once the kit is installed.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
The Sumo-x air kit should be ready in a week or two. The bike still rides on the stock shock and the air kit “forces” the bike down to give it the Slammed look. I don’t think there is any firm pricing on it yet, but I would guess it to be around $600. There should not be any rubbing issues regardless if your running stock set-up or Sumo.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Since I have the Sumo kit already, I wouldn’t ride it slammed. When riding the stock Fury, I think it looks acceptable, because the body weight push’s it down. I am not sure if there would be any probable’s riding it with it adjusted down or not. That’s a question for Mr. Kurt.

·
Registered
182 Posts
the problem that L&M is running into is rubbing on the frame, you got to say its very tight fit for the stock shock. and now your putting something inthere with a bladder and the bladded gets wider when you drop the air and gets skinny as you fill it back up.
im looking into an air adjustable shock. progressive makes some. they are like a normal shock. but you add or remove air for stiffness. wont lower or raise the bike. but for more comfort. so im thinking for that low look, go with a 1.5 - 2" shorter shock. I was working on making my own air ride with a cylinder style shock. but I have put that to the side for now, just to much of a pain. im getting to the point of cutting and welding witch is the last thing i want to do.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Not sure you’re going to find an air ride that is more comfortable that the stock shock. If you’re in no hurry, just hang loose and see what comes down the pike in the near future.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mean honestly i would only want the air shock so i can have some time of visual candy when around the other guys and riders we hang out with, its just that little something extra that makes you stand out from the rest of the others. I would honestly like to get a shop to make me steel rear fender when i do the sumo-x kit if i was runing an air shock, guess it would make me feel safer if something went wrong, that the wheel can't go through/rub through fiberglass but not steel. Oh well im rambling, but i would like to have this on the fury.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I mean honestly i would only want the air shock so i can have some time of visual candy when around the other guys and riders we hang out with, its just that little something extra that makes you stand out from the rest of the others. I would honestly like to get a shop to make me steel rear fender when i do the sumo-x kit if i was runing an air shock, guess it would make me feel safer if something went wrong, that the wheel can't go through/rub through fiberglass but not steel. Oh well im rambling, but i would like to have this on the fury.
Keep in mind with our system is something does go wrong, your back on your stock shock and stock ride height...nice huh

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya i know, i actually meant i wanted what your offering, i wasn't sure before the videos of Low & Mean and recently your product that the shock was still there. I would much more prefer the shock to remain there, i need to know where you guy's shop is located.

·
Registered
196 Posts
mn

ya i know, i actually meant i wanted what your offering, i wasn't sure before the videos of Low & Mean and recently your product that the shock was still there. I would much more prefer the shock to remain there, i need to know where you guy's shop is located.
Minnesota, west central

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I would totally jump on this right now if I wasn't getting a new car. Good work Sumo-X

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
After seeing the sumo-x kit in person (MFR's bike) its what i would go for. Good job sumo-x,and after seeing it if you DID have a failure of their system while riding no problem cause your still on your stock shock,BUT when its parked and in the lowered position its looks KILLER. IMO!!:D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
if you DID have a failure of their system while riding no problem cause your still on your stock shock
This right here is why it will sell to a lot of people over the L&M kit. No worries about a blow out if you have the T-mod like Chris from Low and Mean was saying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts