Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
well done.
But your not almost done
We have all said "Almost done!" LOL You still got grips, signal caps in the front, controls, intake, mirrors, grill cover, strut covers, L&M front fender, braided lines, kickstand, paint, ect! See what I mean. Then after we buy all that, new things will come out and we can start all over.:D
What kind of seat is that? C&C.
I ask because people were wondering how or if it would work with the sumo.
How do you like the fat tire. Does it look bigger in person?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Lookin good, I had to do a double take cause I thought it was my bike.;) As an option, Kurt makes a cover that attaches to the struts to cover up the screws. Really cleans it up. If you order it, tell him to send you the LED turn signals for the front so they match. Side covers look good! What seat is that?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Looks like a C&C seat to me.
I knew it would work fine with the sumo.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It is a C&C it didn't work to good. It sat WAY up in the rear when I mounted it. The fiberglass on bottom was way different. I actually cut a section of the fiber glass out bent the seat to fit and re glassed it.

I do have them plates but I haven't put them on yet not sure why just didn't get that far yet lol.

I do have a list yet I WANT the Sumo front fender thought I ordered it but it hasn't arrived... Among other little things. I guess when I say I'm done I ment with the really expensive stuff just odds and ends. (signals, grips, mirrors)

Rotors are polished front one was cut by Sumo to match the wheel and polished. Rear one I polished. I want to polish the front forks etc. Not sure if I want to paint the rest of the shaft drive or chrome/polish it.

I like the rear tire I think it rides better and pictures don't do it justice in my opinion it looks bigger and better in person.

Thanks for the compliments.

Oh and MrByber your probably right cause I keep looking at the RAW exhaust going hmmmm. Just waiting on a price before I decide though. lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great start no doubt, but you will never be done. Unless of course you run out of money. LOL!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Well, least we know what mods you thought were important first... good job on the bike Damon, looking good. :D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
It is a C&C it didn't work to good. It sat WAY up in the rear when I mounted it. The fiberglass on bottom was way different. I actually cut a section of the fiber glass out bent the seat to fit and re glassed it.
Damon, did you cut the seat just above the strut on both sides? I only ask because you did not mention it.
This also needs to be done so the seat fits.
I am actually hoping you did not know this and that was the reason it didn't fit. Sumo is being installed this winter and I also have a C&C.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Damon, that is one sweet looking machine.

everytime i think i'm done i just sit back and enjoy the ride.
never suspecting that right around the corner some hot shot like you comes along and kicks my a$$. which, then, makes me realize my ride ain't nowhere near where it needs to be!

dammit, son, ya done good.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I did cut it like it shows on the Youtube video. Which needed to be done along with how I cut it. If you can install the kit the seat will be no issue. Its just that the bottom of the seat sits right on the fender which made the tail end sit way up. It was no big deal.

And thanks for the compliments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts