Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to get into riding for a while, and this bike pushed me over the limit. I had to have it. Just got it delivered today (shop was about 20 miles away and I'm pretty inexperienced, it was also 115 outside). Now that the sun is down I've taken it for a spin around the neighborhood and I love it. Not used to shifting and all that, but I'm taking a beginners MSF course this month.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Burney, congratulations on your new bike, it looks awesome. I sat on a black Fury today at the Honda dealer and it felt very comfortable. I also want to get the same bike but in blue, but my wife thinks I will get hurt because I have no experience on a motorcycle since I was a young kid. I live in Southern California where the traffic is really bad. I feel safe in my crew cab long bed Chevy truck. Keep up with the updates on your progress riding.
Good luck and be safe.:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Burney,

You and I are in the same position. The Fury is my very first bike and I also have the SE model. I've been half way through the first day of the MSF course, but I plan to take it again once it cools down. I started riding in the neighborhood as well. My take offs and right turns needed some work before I felt confident taking it out in traffic. I'm still working on the tight turns, but rode the bike to work for the first time this week. Wow, what a feeling. The ride home in 110 sucked, but I still enjoyed it overall.

Keep it in the neighborhood and parking lots until you feel you are ready. Do not let anybody push you further than you are comfortable going. Take it at your own pace and have fun with it. You've got one cool looking bike there.

Ride on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats and welcome! This Fury model has some pretty amazing powers of persuasion.....I was looking for a DL1000 or similar, used, around 7k$ or so.....then I saw the Fury. Double what I wanted to spend, worth every penny.
Enjoy, be safe, don't be afraid to use that loud horn!!!!
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts