Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
The dealer I spoke with said the Fury is a bike that is meant to drive straight. After watching some videos most say it handles really well. Do you guys think it's a mistake to use this as a bike to commute? How do you all like the handing. How often do you scrape your pegs...is that an issue.
That person at the dealer sounds incredibly ignorant, and not good at their job.
The Fury is comfortable and capable.
I drag the foot pegs only when getting after it very hard. “Spirited” riding isn’t enough to make them touch. Yes, other bikes have more rear end suspension but Fury has plenty unless you’re intentionally hitting big obstacles (and assuming you know your commute well you’d know the bigger obstacles to avoid).

I’m not saying Fury would be my first recommendation for commuting, simply saying I would not think for a second to tell someone it would be bad for commuting—especially with the good parking in the city you have.

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
I thought I heard its maxed at 99 mph, or was that the sales guy that told me that..
The OEM ECU has a rev limiter programmed into the firmware, in 5th it tops out at about that before the rev limiter kicks in.

From @Kbuskill :

Stock rev limits are as follows:
Stock 1st,2nd,3rd gears =5250rpm
Stock 4th gear=5000rpm
Stock 5th gear=4800rpm (this is how the bike is limited to 100mph by lowering the rev limit in 4th and 5th gears)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,
Was considering getting a shadow phantom now debating getting a Fury. I absolutely love it but am I being unrealistic? I live in NYC and will be using the bike to get back and forth to work weather permitting. It's a 23 mile ride mainly straight but it does go through some city streets for a few miles. The dealer I spoke with said the Fury is a bike that is meant to drive straight. After watching some videos most say it handles really well. Do you guys think it's a mistake to use this as a bike to commute? How do you all like the handing. How often do you scrape your pegs...is that an issue. Honestly i'm not looking to speed around corners( those days are over).
Thank you, epbadger
Hi epbadger.
I will hope you were not expecting to come to a Fury forum full of hard core fury lovers to hear negative things about the fury, right? Ha, ha, ha...
I have to tell you that there is nothing wrong with what the dealer told you. With a longer fork it's a bit harder to turn but is doable. Practice, practice, practice. I slammed my fury 4" on the back and I could scrape the pegs as easy as I could do it with my Suzuki M109r stock. It's all on your driving style. Logically I have to recommend a Hyper naked bike for your commute and road conditions like for example the Yamaha Mt-10. Powerful, light, comfortable and nimble to drive plus is pretty. That is the need. However if you want to be seeing on an eye candy and sexy chopper the fury will do it. You do you and enjoy yourself. Any bike really will do. My only recommendation is always put extra lighting on the front and back. I replaced my fury front light with a 40.00 dollar LED from Amazon that belongs to a jeep a few years ago and my friends complained all the time about the brightness. The honda shim spoiler with the LED lights it's awesome as well if you can afford it. They can see you coming from far away. The turn signals with some high output led lights are a great mod as well. Have fun with what ever you get. After 40 years of riding and 16 bikes it's all about enjoying yourself and I really being leaving the dream for sure. Regarding the shaking at front I never experienced it but every bike I purchased first thing I do when I get home I remove the wheels weight and install some Dyna beads. I had got 30k miles out of my Goldwing tires and my Fury has 22k and the tires still in good shape and vibration free. Best of luck!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
@Latinbid you put a jeep headlight in your fury? I was going to ask if that could be done because I do believe in the same size and the cheap headlights coming all sorts of funky colors and stuff.
@muddypaws3, we used to put a standard Harley Daymaker LED headlight in our bikes (currently what's on mine) with some weatherstripping around the light to secure it into the bucket. Mine is still working well. The only caveat is that you lose your OEM mounting bracket but it wasn't a big deal.

@Slikk83 now has a Daymaker style headlight that actually utilizes the factory mounting bracket:

Not really a great shot of mine, but you get the idea:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
79 Posts
@muddypaws3, we used to put a standard Harley Daymaker LED headlight in our bikes (currently what's on mine) with some weatherstripping around the light to secure it into the bucket. Mine is still working well. The only caveat is that you lose your OEM mounting bracket but it wasn't a big deal.

@Slikk83 now has a Daymaker style headlight that actually utilizes the factory mounting bracket:

Not really a great shot of mine, but you get the idea:

View attachment 243002
nice blinkers on the front versus the ugly stock ones.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Hi epbadger.
I will hope you were not expecting to come to a Fury forum full of hard core fury lovers to hear negative things about the fury, right? Ha, ha, ha...
I have to tell you that there is nothing wrong with what the dealer told you. With a longer fork it's a bit harder to turn but is doable. Practice, practice, practice. I slammed my fury 4" on the back and I could scrape the pegs as easy as I could do it with my Suzuki M109r stock. It's all on your driving style. Logically I have to recommend a Hyper naked bike for your commute and road conditions like for example the Yamaha Mt-10. Powerful, light, comfortable and nimble to drive plus is pretty. That is the need. However if you want to be seeing on an eye candy and sexy chopper the fury will do it. You do you and enjoy yourself. Any bike really will do. My only recommendation is always put extra lighting on the front and back. I replaced my fury front light with a 40.00 dollar LED from Amazon that belongs to a jeep a few years ago and my friends complained all the time about the brightness. The honda shim spoiler with the LED lights it's awesome as well if you can afford it. They can see you coming from far away. The turn signals with some high output led lights are a great mod as well. Have fun with what ever you get. After 40 years of riding and 16 bikes it's all about enjoying yourself and I really being leaving the dream for sure. Regarding the shaking at front I never experienced it but every bike I purchased first thing I do when I get home I remove the wheels weight and install some Dyna beads. I had got 30k miles out of my Goldwing tires and my Fury has 22k and the tires still in good shape and vibration free. Best of luck! View attachment 243001
Thank you! I totally get it's a Fury form so maybe subconsciously I just wanted to hear yea man this is the best bike for your commute. But I get it, only looking for the eye candy for myself and always dreamed of having a chopper. I blame Snoopy and Woodstock riding through the desert on that one.
My commute is not that bad and mainly straight I think I have a good idea of what I am getting into. Really not looking to be splitting lanes and zipping around definitely will be riding chill.I want a bike I love, that rides nice and have decided the Fury is it. Hopefully in the very near future I can introduce myself as a fury owner, got a few I'm looking at this week!
And sorry for my ignorance but could you explain the difference and benefits of dyna beads.
Really appreciate your and all replies thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you! I totally get it's a Fury form so maybe subconsciously I just wanted to hear yea man this is the best bike for your commute. But I get it, only looking for the eye candy for myself and always dreamed of having a chopper. I blame Snoopy and Woodstock riding through the desert on that one.
My commute is not that bad and mainly straight I think I have a good idea of what I am getting into. Really not looking to be splitting lanes and zipping around definitely will be riding chill.I want a bike I love, that rides nice and have decided the Fury is it. Hopefully in the very near future I can introduce myself as a fury owner, got a few I'm looking at this week!
And sorry for my ignorance but could you explain the difference and benefits of dyna beads.
Really appreciate your and all replies thanks!
Right on, Dude. The Dyna beads are little tiny ceramic balls that using the centrifugal force of the tire as it spins kind of auto balance the wheel. You have to look at the chart and put them thru the air valve in to the tire by weight. Here in Central Florida you do a lot of flat riding but I put tons of miles and my tires last about 50% longer than what they use to with no coupling and they wear even. When Ibtravel to the Carolinas or Tennessee and I do the twisties, I like the way they perform. There are all kind of opinions on those but they have work for me perfectly for years. Tire Balancing
Check it out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Right on, Dude. The Dyna beads are little tiny ceramic balls that using the centrifugal force of the tire as it spins kind of auto balance the wheel. You have to look at the chart and put them thru the air valve in to the tire by weight. Here in Central Florida you do a lot of flat riding but I put tons of miles and my tires last about 50% longer than what they use to with no coupling and they wear even. When Ibtravel to the Carolinas or Tennessee and I do the twisties, I like the way they perform. There are all kind of opinions on those but they have work for me perfectly for years. Tire Balancing
Check it out.
HIGHLY recommended (Also in Florida)

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Latinbid you put a jeep headlight in your fury? I was going to ask if that could be done because I do believe in the same size and the cheap headlights coming all sorts of funky colors and stuff.
Any 5 and 3/4 inch light will work. It's funny because I actually purchased it three years ago and it was just a few month ago that I installed it because I didn't know how to make it work. So I took the stock inside frame and push it half way in to the day maker reflector, seal the bottom with duck tape and fill it halfway with windshield adhesive all around it
Wheel Fuel tank Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

. Let it dry a little for a day and then just adjusted pushing and pulling for a few days until I got it perfect. It work wonderfully and not overheating or vibration. I did rolled a little weatherstripping around it as well. Now I guess they sale the direct fit but was not available back then.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts