Honda Fury Forums: banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Right on, Dude. The Dyna beads are little tiny ceramic balls that using the centrifugal force of the tire as it spins kind of auto balance the wheel. You have to look at the chart and put them thru the air valve in to the tire by weight. Here in Central Florida you do a lot of flat riding but I put tons of miles and my tires last about 50% longer than what they use to with no coupling and they wear even. When Ibtravel to the Carolinas or Tennessee and I do the twisties, I like the way they perform. There are all kind of opinions on those but they have work for me perfectly for years. Tire Balancing
Check it out.
Nice! Thank you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Right on, Dude. The Dyna beads are little tiny ceramic balls that using the centrifugal force of the tire as it spins kind of auto balance the wheel. You have to look at the chart and put them thru the air valve in to the tire by weight. Here in Central Florida you do a lot of flat riding but I put tons of miles and my tires last about 50% longer than what they use to with no coupling and they wear even. When Ibtravel to the Carolinas or Tennessee and I do the twisties, I like the way they perform. There are all kind of opinions on those but they have work for me perfectly for years. Tire Balancing
Check it out.
I use balance beads in my truck for my MT tires. They help a lot and don't have to run rim weights which I despise.

I use a product in my scoot called "Ride On" it's a sealant and dynamic balancing goop, does the same thing as the beads, except it will plug a flat if you pick up a nail. Have hit 100 mph for "science" to test it out. No wobbles or bad vibes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I use balance beads in my truck for my MT tires. They help a lot and don't have to run rim weights which I despise.

I use a product in my scoot called "Ride On" it's a sealant and dynamic balancing goop, does the same thing as the beads, except it will plug a flat if you pick up a nail. Have hit 100 mph for "science" to test it out. No wobbles or bad vibes
Scoot means electric scooter??? 100 mph? I just finished building my 1st electric bicycle. Only 36 mph top but I be building another soon with the top speed of around 65 mph. I can't imagine a scooter but I would love to try it. lol
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Scoot means electric scooter??? 100 mph? I just finished building my 1st electric bicycle. Only 36 mph top but I be building another soon with the top speed of around 65 mph. I can't imagine a scooter but I would love to try it. lol
View attachment 243010
Nah, scoot = motorcycle.
Motorcycle = the Fury
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
Ups!!!! Sorry. I got a little over excited there.
Hey, who knows, an E-Fury? Wink, wink? That is an idea.
Yup, for now everything of mine runs on fossil fuels.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,831 Posts
I use a product in my scoot called "Ride On" it's a sealant and dynamic balancing goop, does the same thing as the beads, except it will plug a flat if you pick up a nail. Have hit 100 mph for "science" to test it out. No wobbles or bad vibes
I bought Ride-On from the company directly (best price due to volume discounts) and can vouch for it--balanced out some Slingshot wheels perfectly. I own a high-speed hoverboard and Ride-On is a must. Similar with the electric wheel, but since it uses a tube Slime Tube Repair with rubber particles works better.

One trick is to add 40% of the suggested volume and run the vehicle until that distributes, then add the other 60%. I had trouble getting up to speed in the Slingshot with the full load of Ride-On because of the initial imbalance it caused, which taught me to dose wheels in two shots. It really does balance out wheels and plug holes.
 

·
Registered
2010 Fury
Joined
·
234 Posts
I bought Ride-On from the company directly (best price due to volume discounts) and can vouch for it--balanced out some Slingshot wheels perfectly. I own a high-speed hoverboard and Ride-On is a must. Similar with the electric wheel, but since it uses a tube Slime Tube Repair with rubber particles works better.

One trick is to add 40% of the suggested volume and run the vehicle until that distributes, then add the other 60%. I had trouble getting up to speed in the Slingshot with the full load of Ride-On because of the initial imbalance it caused, which taught me to dose wheels in two shots. It really does balance out wheels and plug holes.
for wheels that have to come off of the rim, does it make that process dangerous (flammable) or nasty? How much is the guy changing my tire going to bitch?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,831 Posts
I pulled a tire off and the tubeless tire products mentioned stick to the opposite side of where the tread is, not the sidewall or bead. Once distributed inside the tire there's no mess when removing the tire, it doesn't cause rim-rust, and there's nothing flammable.

Unlike Fix-A-Flat pressurized cans, with Ride-On you jack up the vehicle, remove the valve stem, squeeze the appropriate amount of bottle contents into the wheel, blow air in the tire to clean out the stem, then put the stem in and inflate the tire with a compressor. (I also use a paper towel to clean the stem of any interior residue.)

The stuff for tubed tires--that sticks to the whole tube and is contained by the tube.

Here's a video that has the answer to your question:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,776 Posts
I pulled a tire off and the tubeless tire products mentioned stick to the opposite side of where the tread is, not the sidewall or bead. Once distributed inside the tire there's no mess when removing the tire, it doesn't cause rim-rust, and there's nothing flammable.

Unlike Fix-A-Flat pressurized cans, with Ride-On you jack up the vehicle, remove the valve stem, squeeze the appropriate amount of bottle contents into the wheel, blow air in the tire to clean out the stem, then put the stem in and inflate the tire with a compressor. (I also use a paper towel to clean the stem of any interior residue.)

The stuff for tubed tires--that sticks to the whole tube and is contained by the tube.

Here's a video that has the answer to your question:
I almost thought about throwing it in my truck tires but opted for balancing beads instead
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,831 Posts
Here's a video on multiple tire sealant products. Hopefully the linked video skips to 7:42, cutting out a bunch of not-as-important information. I've used Multi-Seal (now called FlatOut) and it's also very good; my suspicion is it might be better than Ride-On which does not seem to have rubber particles, and I did recently switch to using Multi-Seal (FlatOut) in several tires that were known to leak and it did work, but at this point I don't know enough to say which of the two is better. (I call Ride-On "pumpkin slime" as that's what it resembles.)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I can only assume that the dealer you spoke with has never ridden a Fury. The bike handles like a dream and has a ride second to none.
I’ve only been riding one for a few weeks & have anxiety separation when I’m not on it. Such a beautiful smooth bike to ride. Everything just feels so well balanced & it’s sum of design / parts works so well together
 

·
Registered
2011 Fury
Joined
·
792 Posts
Thank you! I totally get it's a Fury form so maybe subconsciously I just wanted to hear yea man this is the best bike for your commute. But I get it, only looking for the eye candy for myself and always dreamed of having a chopper. I blame Snoopy and Woodstock riding through the desert on that one.
My commute is not that bad and mainly straight I think I have a good idea of what I am getting into. Really not looking to be splitting lanes and zipping around definitely will be riding chill.I want a bike I love, that rides nice and have decided the Fury is it. Hopefully in the very near future I can introduce myself as a fury owner, got a few I'm looking at this week!
And sorry for my ignorance but could you explain the difference and benefits of dyna beads.
Really appreciate your and all replies thanks!
Yea man this is the best bike for your commute IF you wanna look bad ass on a bad ass bike! 😂
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I commuted on mine in Brisbane, Australia, for three and a half years every work day. Some on the motorway, some through the city, always in heavy traffic, usually about 35-40 minutes each way. Only thing you need to be wary of is car drivers mirrors on the ends of your handlebars (apart from the usual things to be aware of in rush hour commuter traffic!).
On other notes though - as has been already pointed out - if you're getting a wobble from the front end perhaps the tyre, wheel or head bearing needs addressing. And as for scraping the pegs? Easy peasy - get used to it then it won't surprise you when it happens.
 
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Top