Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Fury, but from the day I picked it up the unfinished, unchromed, bottom of the triple trees has driven me nuts! I don't want the performance issues of a bigger rake. Will anyone ever make a cover to fix this unsightly flaw???

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I love my Fury, but from the day I picked it up the unfinished, unchromed, bottom of the triple trees has driven me nuts! I don't want the performance issues of a bigger rake. Will anyone ever make a cover to fix this unsightly flaw???
They have a maker that had planned on selling this for awhile now, even has it on cruiser customizing, but alas... nothing. I was actually going to just fab up one as it would be very simple and attach it to those 2 bolts holes underneath there... But with the new triple tree's I will never have to worry about that again, thankfully. Oh, and where have you heard of the performance issues from this rake on the Fury? From what I have heard and will soon find out, that the performance and handling actually gets better with the new rake, but again... I 'll let you guy's know here soon enough. There are some other people that have purchased the rake kit as well, they just aren't vocal here on the forums like some others... :rolleyes: So, we will soon see...

·
Registered
207 Posts
It did bug the heck out of me. Fortunately I have the matte silver, black rims. So I just painted them black to match the the rims and the frame and everything else really, looks great! :D

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
.. But with the new triple tree's I will never have to worry about that again, thankfully..... There are some other people that have purchased the rake kit as well, they just aren't vocal here on the forums like some others... :rolleyes: So, we will soon see...
I would be interested in getting those old stock ones from you or anyone who wants to sell a set cheap.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They have a maker that had planned on selling this for awhile now, even has it on cruiser customizing, but alas... nothing. I was actually going to just fab up one as it would be very simple and attach it to those 2 bolts holes underneath there... But with the new triple tree's I will never have to worry about that again, thankfully. Oh, and where have you heard of the performance issues from this rake on the Fury? From what I have heard and will soon find out, that the performance and handling actually gets better with the new rake, but again... I 'll let you guy's know here soon enough. There are some other people that have purchased the rake kit as well, they just aren't vocal here on the forums like some others... :rolleyes: So, we will soon see...

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the design or quality of these triple trees from Low and Mean! Having been in the "show circuit" with my husband for the past few years meeting many custom bike owners and having personal friends who own full blown custom choppers...they are pretty and cool to look at, but the turning radius SUX. I am a new rider and been advised by those who ride raked out bikes not to do this mod. It is for experienced riders is all I'm saying. :eek:

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Yeah the stock trees leave a lot to be desired.
I'm in two minds about the raked trees and fork extensions, so my concerns are:
1) Will it stuff up the handling? Experience tells me it will, but by how much? I have another bike that has much more rake and much longer forks. It looks cool but does not go round corners to well.
2) Will it be chromed? I am a chrome kinda guy and it's got to be chromed or it's not going on the bike.

So we just have to wait and see what RSS finds when he puts it on.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i honestly never paid any mind to them as blue would say with all my chrome,,it doesnt matter,,lmao

You DOG...If my wheels where chrome, then maybe it wouldn't bother me either!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts