Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was looking for a new tire for the old Fury since my Metzler is worren out after 12K miles. Right now I am running the 200 and have been looking around for a 210/40R18... low and behold I found it for $206 on Amazon.com. That is about a $50 savings from most places... just thought I would let you all know.:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
how do those stock rims look powdercoated? what color? got a picture?
12k already, impressive, you should start a HOW MANY MILES SO FAR? post.
you would probably win that one

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
how do those stock rims look powdercoated? what color? got a picture?
12k already, impressive, you should start a HOW MANY MILES SO FAR? post.
you would probably win that one
Yea... we already have that post... and yes, he is barely in the lead... I'm slowly but surely catching him... just waiting for him to make one more trip up north... :D 11.1k and catching...

Thanks for the info though Shane... will be looking into getting a new tire myself here soon, let me know how it works out for ya!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
What's the normal lifespan for the stock tire?
Still riding on my stock tires... only get to do intense curves do to the rain about once a month, used to do it every weekend or every other weekend on the heavy curves (and I love the curves!). But, mine still look decent... was thinking around the 15 to 20k mark is when I would have to replace them... I also tend to do the zig zag pattern down the road to make sure I wear down some of the side tire compared to the middle of the tire, to make it last that much longer... Sometime today or tomorrow I'll grab my high resolution camera and take a pic of the tread on the back tire for all of you. The front is still looking good though.

As far as Metzler, I have noticed that Shane's wears out reasonably fast compared to the Stock Dunlop, but as discussed in a previous thread, that is do to the different types of rubber used in the different tires (softer rubber vs. harder rubber). The Metzler does grip better than the stock Dunlop though, so there is that up and down disadvantage/advantage to it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that may happen here soon but will not be going north for this one.

As for the tire life expectancy, usually it is about 15K, but do to so many darn straight roads here in SoCal it kills the center of the tire... I will most likely have just over 12K on the tire itself since I changed it at about 400 miles due to a nice screw right in the center. I found it a much smoother ride from the Dunlop though and will not go back... but thats my opinion.

As for a bike, I am not on my computer but if you go to the gallery you can see the whole bike... :cool:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Post pics

Can you post some pics of the rear tire so we can see the difference between 210 Metz and stock rear tires?

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Can you post some pics of the rear tire so we can see the difference between 210 Metz and stock rear tires?
I have a pic of his bike from the rear sitting on a trailer.
We pack all three bikes up last Dec for the Chopper fest
His has the RAW turn signal on, had to have him demonstrate it for me..:)
I rode behind him, and it does look a little fatter than the dunlop in my opinion..
Mine's the purtty one facing backwards.. it was a consipiracy..
View attachment 2151

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine's the purtty one facing backwards.. it was a consipiracy..
View attachment 2151
You are only facing backwards because you where the last one to get picked up and the first one off.... otherwise I would have had the good looking black ones sitting side by side :D.
The tire in this picture and the one I have posted here is a 200/50R18, same as the stock tire, just a little wider looking stance. The first is RSS and me sitting in a parking lot one night. Second is taken at the Midway in San Diego. The third is the ride back to load the bikes after the Chopperfest in Ventura, CA.

Fury's 031.jpg

Fury's 054.jpg

Heading back to load the bikes.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
The third one is the best depiction of the tire stance...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The third one is the best depiction of the tire stance...
Yeah that is why I put that one in... will have to take one from the rear after the new tire comes in and do a comparison

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yeah that is why I put that one in... will have to take one from the rear after the new tire comes in and do a comparison
Make sure you take a shot of that tire from an x distance, then the next one from exactly the same distance to get a good comparison... light matters too... blah, yes... I'm rambling as I am tired... Night btw... oh, good looking silver bike in that one pic of yours & your lights look like a lightsaber at night, lol... :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there anything else that you want to let me know? Maybe you can provide the tape measure and the tape so that we can put a "X" on the street so that I can park it in the exact same spot? Better yet, how about you and I meet up and park the bikes so that we can take the pic? LOL

Did some more research and found that the tire is being sent from Motorcycle Superstore and the price is the same so most likely going through them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts