Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

First off my name is Don and I'm in the Army and stationed at Ft. Campbell KY, 39 years old and married. I'm new to bikes and have lots of questions, I bought a new black Honda Fury in like September and got to ride about 800 miles before deploying to Iraq where I am right now, so I figured what better time to read up on things and try to learn in my free time. I don't know if this is the place or not but I have lots of questions concerning aftermarket parts, but I won't get into those until I know for sure if this is the place I should post those questions or in a specific forum. Thanks for stopping by and hope to learn some great things from fellow riders.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Welcome to the Fury Club Don......I also have a black one.....I'm in Mississippi. There is plenty of information here and many people that will be glad to help you in your quest. Thanks for your service Don and God Speed.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Keep strong!

Thanks for your service. Im a retired 91S from Desert Storm era so I feel your pain...Stationed at Fort Sam Houston for 2 years

This is the spot the ACME of Fury info!

These guys have spent thousands of hours and dollars on the mods for the Fury so don't be startled if someone scolds you for not searching out old topics first before Posting new threads/questions!

Gosh so many Fury members are serving now its really crazy,3 to 4 tours to much for one solider to grasp! Esp for SGT or SPEC. pay!!

Take care of yourself and be safe!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,

Thanks for the first post! so do I have to post each question I have in different forums, like I have exhaust questions, do I have to post in an exhaust forum? same thing with spike air filter? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Bob,

Thanks for the first post! so do I have to post each question I have in different forums, like I have exhaust questions, do I have to post in an exhaust forum? same thing with spike air filter? Thanks.
LOL! I'm not the one to ask! :) Everyone on here will help....Post them to the tech or general forums....like was mentioned above, do a search and see what you come up with.....but me, I like to discuss and will rehash something in a new thread just to see if new info comes out of it. This is a friendly forum with good people.:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your service. Im a retired 91S from Desert Storm era so I feel your pain...Stationed at Fort Sam Houston for 2 years

This is the spot the ACME of Fury info!

These guys have spent thousands of hours and dollars on the mods for the Fury so don't be startled if someone scolds you for not searching out old topics first before Posting new threads/questions!

Gosh so many Fury members are serving now its really crazy,3 to 4 tours to much for one solider to grasp! Esp for SGT or SPEC. pay!!

Take care of yourself and be safe!
Well I appreciate the service that you did also, you know how it is, I didn't really mention it to get anything special just figured I would give everyone a little background on me and let people know that I'm not a mechanic or a long time rider, I retire in about a year after 7 rotations to Iraq so needless to say I'll be glad to start a regular 9-5 job one of these days lol.

yeah I figured that I would end up getting flamed by someone for posting something in the wrong area but I guess that's part of the process of learning.

Good choice on the black Fury lol. I'm really wanting to start getting some aftermarket stuff on it starting with the exhaust and other things that I should be able to do myself, glad I ran into this webpage and hope to get and share anything that I might learn around here. Thanks for the welcome and hope to see ya around and learn something from you.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! I'm not the one to ask! :) Everyone on here will help....Post them to the tech or general forums....like was mentioned above, do a search and see what you come up with.....but me, I like to discuss and will rehash something in a new thread just to see if new info comes out of it. This is a friendly forum with good people.:cool:
Well see you already helped, you pointed me to use the search function or to start a new thread under tech or general forums lol. they should have a thanking system on here so you can hit a thanks button when someone helps you out, anyways thanks again!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Well see you already helped, you pointed me to use the search function or to start a new thread under tech or general forums lol. they should have a thanking system on here so you can hit a thanks button when someone helps you out, anyways thanks again!

Thanks for your service brother, when are you expecting to come back and enjoy that nice ride of yours (should be silver though...)...

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Don:
Welcome and thanks for all that you do over there.

Ask away here, someone has possibly been there done that.
If not, we will find some conjecture to take over your post until it becomes a whole nother topic.. comical at times..
Everyone loves comedy...

Watch out for Mister Peabody.. RSS.. I think he's up to 2 gazillion posts or sumthing.. :p

It's all good ..:cool:
T
Oh, by the way good choice with Black...
Black & Chrome ROCKS baby...

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Don:
Welcome and thanks for all that you do over there.

Ask away here, someone has possibly been there done that.
If not, we will find some conjecture to take over your post until it becomes a whole nother topic.. comical at times..
Everyone loves comedy...

Watch out for Mister Peabody.. RSS.. I think he's up to 2 gazillion posts or sumthing.. :p

It's all good ..:cool:
T
Oh, by the way good choice with Black...
Black & Chrome ROCKS baby...
Yes, welcome Don, and unfortunately, I think I'm one of the experts at going off topic. :rolleyes:

Black Furys rule! :D

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again thanks to everybody for stopping by and welcoming me it's good to see a bunch of other guys talk and having a good time but passing any knowledge they have onto us (most defintely me) new riders, it's much appreciated. I should be leaving here sometime in July, which is good because I should be able to get a lot of riding in this summer since I only got to put about 800 miles on it when I bought it.

ok well since I seen someone say post a question here and someone can either point me in the right direction or give advice, here I go. the first thing I'm looking to do is change the exhaust, I'm looking for something fairly short (like morton inferno's or mayhems) and fairly loud but not over obnoxious (i like the reaper tips but the pipes look smaller than the rest of the pipe, but they do sound good), I have looked around so much that my heads hurting and I can't keep track of what I have seen anymore lol. I'm looking to get by as cheaply as possible (as all of us are) and it's my understanding that I can change pipes without needing a EFI2000 or a powercommander, is that correct? I believe that you can buy the Inferno's for 600 but do I need the power cones or anything else for those pipes?

second thing i'm looking for is a side mounted license plate bracket and to change out the existing fender lights to a stealth run/turn signal/break light and have seen them for about 275, just wondering if anyone knows of a place to get them cheaper.

i guess those are my two biggest things, i would like to change out the air box but that's an expensive project also that I can do later, but I do love the looks of those spike ones.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Don,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service to our country!

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
(like morton inferno's or mayhems) and fairly loud but not over obnoxious (i like the reaper tips but the pipes look smaller than the rest of the pipe, but they do sound good) I can change pipes without needing a EFI2000 or a powercommander, is that correct? Do I need the power cones or anything else for those pipes?

Second thing I'm looking for is a side mounted license plate bracket and to change out the existing fender lights to a stealth run/turn signal/break light and have seen them for about 275, just wondering if anyone knows of a place to get them cheaper.

Thanks in advance!
Quick answers:

• No baffles = best for no back pressure, need fuel controller
  • No baffles = might be able to get away with power cones, can't remember anybody using them though off the top of my head.
  • Pipes with baffles, stock intake: no fuel controller
  • Pipes with baffles, aftermarket intake: Fuel Controller

Side mounted plate:

• Shayne
  • Accutronix
  • RAW
  • Etc...

RAW taillight:

• Lot's of different alternatives, peruse the forums for different tail lights, all have similar things in common, namely a module or some sorts.
  • Will be making my guide this weekend (unless I'm going to Arizona) for a cheaper of a light assembly, do with it what you want.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Welcome. and what everybody else said.

BTW, I fly a Bell in my Microsoft flight simulator if that counts. I'm not vary good at it so I'll stick with motorcycles.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Hey Don, welcome to the forum. Please give all your brothers and sister our best and thank them from all of us for there great service to our country. We pray for the safe return of all.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
X_KIOWA_X

Welcome aboard......You fly Helicopters??
No sir I'm not a pilot, I'm an ammo guy, just worked around them a lot, well used to, I'm with 5th Special Forces now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts