Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently completed Tony's mod and result is absolutely awesome.....
The back just looks BIG... It makes the tyre look wider and the rear guard just right...

Just a little tip - as the rear guard angle changed and the seat tends to stick up a little, I actually attacked the bottom of the seat with a heat gun and bent the seat into a better position so it corrects the contour... ;)

A pic of the end result...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Recently completed Tony's mod and result is absolutely awesome.....
The back just looks BIG... It makes the tyre look wider and the rear guard just right...

Just a little tip - as the rear guard angle changed and the seat tends to stick up a little, I actually attacked the bottom of the seat with a heat gun and bent the seat into a better position so it corrects the contour... ;)

A pic of the end result...
N can you give a bit more detail about the bent location, did you bend it over something or just free hand?
Thanks
T

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
N can you give a bit more detail about the bent location, did you bend it over something or just free hand?
Thanks
T
hey T,
i just marked where it needed to come down (close to the front of seat, you will see it once tonys mod is done). i placed the seat upside down on the bench and placed a weight on the top (where it humps up - where you place your bottom) then applied the heat and it falls under the weight. best you do it in stages and refit on bike so you dont over bend it.
it works well, as you see in my pic the front of the seat slightly touches the tank now, it didnt after i did the mod..
hope this helps, let me know if you need more info - always happy to help..

cheers 'n' beers don :)

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Man, are there a lot of home grown welders out there or what? Think its about time I invest in a machine... since I'm around welders all day long anyways... Look great btw!

·
Registered
204 Posts
did the same mod tony that is i took my c&c seat but it is made of fiberglass so i had to cut it out works great now.will have pic when i get back from new mexico next week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts