Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There have been a number of posts about sissy bar and backrest issues. Everyone has there own needs, likes and dislikes. My wife rides with me a lot so I need something that is comfortable for her but is not so high that it takes too much away from the awesome Fury styling. The available Honda bar and backrest setup is too low IMO. I used the Honda bar and I designed a backrest that is twice as high as the Honda backrest. I cut the shape from a 1" thick aspen board, rounded all the edges and sanded everything smooth. A local upholstery shop cut the shape from 1 1/4" foam and glued it to the board. They covered it with the same material that Honda uses resulting in a perfect match to my seats. They charged me $80.00. For an added touch I made a copy of the "Fury" logo on the front of the owners manual. A local embroidery shop digitized it and embroidered it in white to the material before the upholstery shop covered the backrest. They charged me $40.00. I drilled 3 holes in the bar, positioned the backrest and mounted it to the bar with black screws. It turned out great. See attached photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Yes it does look good. I invested in the ginz which should be here today btw - AWESOME - Mine is 25 inch in height so it is gonna be a monster - cant wait

AMERICA F*CK YEAH!

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
There have been a number of posts about sissy bar and backrest issues. Everyone has there own needs, likes and dislikes. My wife rides with me a lot so I need something that is comfortable for her but is not so high that it takes too much away from the awesome Fury styling. The available Honda bar and backrest setup is too low IMO. I used the Honda bar and I designed a backrest that is twice as high as the Honda backrest. I cut the shape from a 1" thick aspen board, rounded all the edges and sanded everything smooth. A local upholstery shop cut the shape from 1 1/4" foam and glued it to the board. They covered it with the same material that Honda uses resulting in a perfect match to my seats. They charged me $80.00. For an added touch I made a copy of the "Fury" logo on the back of the owners manual. A local embroidery shop digitized it and embroidered it in white to the material before the upholstery shop covered the backrest. They charged me $40.00. I drilled 3 holes in the bar, positioned the backrest and mounted it to the bar with black screws. It turned out great. See attached photos.
Impressive! Looks very good! :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woodenhorse-
I have discoloration on the rear pipe only. It is not very dark and it covers an area from the cylinder head out just past the 1st bend in the pipe. It got lost in the shadows on these photos. I remember talking about this on the Fuggin fuel controller settings thread awhile back. After changing my settings my rear pipe seems to have stopped discoloring. The black soot that comes out of the pipes and the backfiring are both at a minimum at this point. Overall I am satisfied.

My current settings are:
mode 1 - 3
mode 2 - 1.5
mode 3 - 4.5
mode 4 - 1/8
mode 5 - 4/8
mode 6 - 4.5/8

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback on the sissy bar and backrest.
GARY

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
woodenhorse-
I have discoloration on the rear pipe only. It is not very dark and it covers an area from the cylinder head out just past the 1st bend in the pipe. It got lost in the shadows on these photos. I remember talking about this on the Fuggin fuel controller settings thread awhile back. After changing my settings my rear pipe seems to have stopped discoloring. The black soot that comes out of the pipes and the backfiring are both at a minimum at this point. Overall I am satisfied.

My current settings are:
mode 1 - 3
mode 2 - 1.5
mode 3 - 4.5
mode 4 - 1/8
mode 5 - 4/8
mode 6 - 4.5/8

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback on the sissy bar and backrest.
GARY
Take a look at my photo album (after you click on my name)....you can see how much mine have blued. Thanks for your setting info, I don't remember mine, will have to check it....you should consider getting blockoff plates....no popping or backfiring after that.

Really do like your backrest solution. Glad it worked out so well for you! :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
woodenhorse-
I see what you mean about your pipes. My discoloration is actually a light bronze color rather than blue making it harder to see. I have thought about the blockoff plates but my backfiring is at such a minimum at this point I don't know if it would be worth the time and money.
GARY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts