Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wellafter seeing alot of options for larger or tallet sissy bars, I am just going to dive off deep and and fab it myself. Just can't get into the big bracket around the fender area deal, not knocking the Ginz and such, just isn't my cup of tea. Plus price with pad and brackets and all, kinda got sticker shock. Not a metal guy by trade, main background is wood, but I think I have come up with something that won't even require and arc or flame. Had extra sissy bar and large pad from my 750 Shadow, and after couple beers and holding it up and looking at angles, thought WOW this might actually work. Looks like brackets or struts are going to end up inside rear tail section frame area. Used an existing bolt location and drilled one new one per side, tapped to 3/8". Now the challenge begins! This is where I Love It, going to slot the rear fender where brackets will come up through fender instead of around. Should get interesting! Will post some pics when get some taken, probably when go back for final assembly and start locktite process. Anyone planning on attending Red River Memorial Day Rally?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts