Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea when they will drop the "TBD" on their website for the fury and give us some numbers? I have a feeling they will stall us out until end of december so dealers can get rid of their current stock. Im just waiting for them to become available so i can go in and re negotiate my price on an '10 Black lol. Im tired of waiting but i have a feeling i can get a lot better than i was quoted($11,999) Think i should wait until a few more months or pull the trigger? The dealer keeps calling me asking me when im going to seal the deal, but i want a better price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,516 Posts
Tell your dealer that you are talking to a different dealer on a lower price. Tell him the other dealer is going to squash the prep and other bs add ons. He will drop his asking price im sure. If he is calling you to "seal the deal" then he is hungry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
How serious does the dealer think you are? Are you financing or paying cash? If your paying cash, bring a check for the amount you want to pay unsigned and push it in front of him. If your financing, bring some sort of proof that your financing is in order and tell him you will sign right then for $xxxx. I sold cars for a while a few years back and dealers get A LOT of tire kickers. They don't want to give you their best price unless it's going to sell the bike right then and there. I paid $11,300 for my Matte bike which has a $600 higher MSRP. I'd have $10,750 as your number and stand firm. If they know you'll seriously sign and leave with it if they get your price right, they'll do it. My salesman said it best, "we can't loose money on them but we sure aren't in the business of bike storage."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems like the right thing to do. I will be financing most of it, im not telling them i have a down payment until we get a set price that is fair for the both of us, ill tell him tomorrow that they need to come down at least another 1000 bucks or so. ill email him now actually and tell him i want $10,800.00.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
I played the game with two different dealers with an unsigned check and they both were chomping at the bits to get it done for lower then the other. It ended up taking about a week but it was worth it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,956 Posts
i had a dealer tell me he wanted list ++++ $$$ i was like pound sand. went to a different dealer. got the bike for 1000 off plus chrome lower fork tubes.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top