Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
why dont we get 50 names of people willing to spend lets say APROX. $450 on just the wheel blank. then i will contact the wheel blank manufacturer and explain to them how other group buys on ths forum have gone.

you can then take these blanks which RC and SMT and other wheel designers use on their lathes.

i am sure there will be a fair amount going to RC components and SMT etc for the to ship directly to the compaines for your final designs to be created and shipped to you in their final form.

also i believe Yamaha uses this same size 18x6.25 on 2 of their models

if anyone can get a friend on another Yamaha forum to help out with the buying power numbers?

i myself would be going with a custom set from SMT and i am sure they would love to do a group buy on wheel sets.

so lets start a list of interested names:

#1 Joefury
But then again, from what it sounds like from talking to RC, there's more to it than just getting the blanks. There's apparently significant expense in getting their machines set up to cut the designs on the new size blanks. They also hafta figure out the hubs too. Probably better and safer if we let them figure out the technical aspects. After all, that's their specialty. But we never know if we don't ask.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight, but just a suggestion would be to make a thread and have a poll and that way you can capture the names from the poll, just an idea from an outsider.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don't have a dog in this fight, but just a suggestion would be to make a thread and have a poll and that way you can capture the names from the poll, just an idea from an outsider.
Another great idea! I'm doing this on my cell phone though and I have no idea how to start a poll... If someone knows how, that would be a help.

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
People, whether RC Components take my invite and start reading these threads or not we need to get emails to [email protected] and let him know that we want this to happen in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
Bump for those just tuning in. Please email the above address and express your interest in either a stock sized custom wheel (18x6.25) or in something in an 18x7. This is not a commitment to purchase. It's a showing of the number of potential clients desiring a product not on the market.

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
"Scott,

Thank you for contacting us. I have been and will continue to watch your
forum. We truly appreciate the input from all of you. I have received 3
emails in regard to a wider tire for the rear and will continue to track.
This has and will continue to be presented to R and D because we are always
looking for new opportunities and want to answer the needs of the riding
public. Please keep in mind that we have not had high demand for the Fury
wheels that have been offered since 2009. I do not feel it is very likely
the large investment would be made this year to create a new size.

Best regards,

David

David Plumb
Director of Sales and Marketing
373 Mitch McConnell Way
Bowling Green, KY 42101
www.rccomponents.com
270-842-6000 Ext #127"

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think we need to continue emailing though, just so they can get an idea of the numbers. My reply regarding the current Fury wheels they produce should be obvious... No one wants to spend that much money on a wheel, only to have it smaller than the stock wheel. We want bigger!

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I had emailed them previously about making an 18x7 size. They didn't respond. I probably emailed a dozen companies. SMT sent a very brief reply and RC Components was the most receptive and responsive. And I hafta add, I've been talking with Mr. Plumb again this morning, and even if they don't make a rim for us, their customer service seems fantastic and they're probably a good company to work with.

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
And I hafta add, I've been talking with Mr. Plumb again this morning, and even if they don't make a rim for us, their customer service seems fantastic and they're probably a good company to work with.
Agreed. It's a shame I can't get their rims for my bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
Emailed RC and had a reply the same day

I emailed David from RC yesterday and recieved a reply last night Sydney time thanking me for my input. My impression is that David is taking this seriously, obviously RC have a lot to consider and the more intrest they get the more likely it is to happen.

So folks don't just read this thread, send david an e-mail.

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
Thanks for that reply.

If you would someday be interested in a set of aftermarket custom wheels for the Fury in either stick size or 18x7, I beg you to please email [email protected]. Tell him you are from this forum and that you'd like to someday see this happen for our bikes. This is not a group buy or commitment to purchase.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts