Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Fury and it maxes out at 100 mph but it will get there quick! I was bound and determined to make it go faster so once coming back from a cross country trip, I got it up to maximum speed riding across the desert out of Barstow, California, going down hill... I clutched and let it coast...
Got up to 103... that was it.

I passed a lot of cages on that tank of gas but before long my low fuel gauge lit up. I thought, oh crap! I throttled it down to 45 mph for miles and miles it seemed. All those vehicles that I had passed earlier, started passing me back :)

I finally rolled into a service station.. or should I say coasted... I think I put 3.4 gallons in it.

One guy walked up to me and said "You passed me 50 miles back". I said, "Yeah but my low fuel light came on and I had to bring her down to conserve fuel".

Those gas stations out west are few and far between!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Too much wind for me that fast, I have probably only been up to 80-85. I do enjoy how quickly it gets there, but I don't need to go that fast anymore.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a 2010 Fury and it maxes out at 100 mph but it will get there quick! I was bound and determined to make it go faster so once coming back from a cross country trip, I got it up to maximum speed riding across the desert out of Barstow, California, going down hill... I clutched and let it coast...
Got up to 103... that was it.

I passed a lot of cages on that tank of gas but before long my low fuel gauge lit up. I thought, oh crap! I throttled it down to 45 mph for miles and miles it seemed. All those vehicles that I had passed earlier, started passing me back :)

I finally rolled into a service station.. or should I say coasted... I think I put 3.4 gallons in it.

One guy walked up to me and said "You passed me 50 miles back". I said, "Yeah but my low fuel light came on and I had to bring her down to conserve fuel".

Those gas stations out west are few and far between!
I know you have racked up some serious miles. I too had a 2010 and on a long stretch thought I would see what it would do. l saved my GPS reference for evidence (175km equals 108.74mph). There was no more. Most scary fuel stretch was 174 miles where it took 13.8 liters or 3.65 gallons. Don't know where that gas came from because the bike is supposed to only hold 12.8 liters or 3.4 gallons. Must have sucked every drop out of the lines. Now I carry an extra liter on long trips.

After 69,000 miles and a charging issue I received some bad advice and replaced my regulator with an aftermarket regulator from RM Stator. Turned out I didn't even need a regulator as it was the stator that died. The aftermarket regulator shorted to ground 4,000 km's later and then fried my ECM and my speed sensor leaving me with tow charges, U-Haul rentals and some serious repair bills.

To avoid being scooterless while my dealer let my bike sit in their lot for weeks waiting for parts, I purchased a new 2017 Fury.

So Stick, maybe replace that stator fairly soon and make sure you use genuine Honda parts to ensure you get another 69,000 miles out of it.🙂 Aside from the electrical issues, mine ran just like new and didn't burn a drop of oil. These are amazing bikes!

·
Registered
446 Posts
With the reflash I have buried the speedometer and then some. Not sure how far but the needle was pegged. Got there very quick too
^^^^ same here. Having a newly built superslab highway nearby, I've pegged it a couple times for a short while (1/2 mile) just to see how well it did. I don't use a windshield or helmet shield.
Most Louisiana roads are too broken for those shenanigans. :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've not modified the bike to go faster than stock, but on a trip back from Toronto I had the throttle wide open for a couple hours at a time, essentially sitting at 100MPH for an extended period of time. Brought the bike in after that trip for its scheduled maintenance -- still in flawless condition other than a broken headlight lens thanks to a rock from the road. I'm only up to 5K miles on it though, so far. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've not modified the bike to go faster than stock, but on a trip back from Toronto I had the throttle wide open for a couple hours at a time, essentially sitting at 100MPH for an extended period of time. Brought the bike in after that trip for its scheduled maintenance -- still in flawless condition other than a broken headlight lens thanks to a rock from the road. I'm only up to 5K miles on it though, so far. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment.
Might not be too many years if you continue to ride at full throttle for hours at a time!
Remember … there are old riders and bold riders. But no old bold riders!:oops:

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
Too much wind for me that fast, I have probably only been up to 80-85. I do enjoy how quickly it gets there, but I don't need to go that fast anymore.
I agree. I'm more into acceleration than top speed. I've been up to 140 MPH on a V65 Magna. Anything over 60 MPH is just not fun for me, especially on the Fury. Can't enjoy the ride when you're going that fast. Maybe on a sport bike you can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts