Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
its just an anoyance but my fury slips into nuetral often when i go into 5th gear . It only has 350 miles
mine was doing it allway to 600 miles. Happened approx 15 times. When i took it to the dealer for the 600 mile tune up i told them about it. They lubricated the clutch and adjusted the cable. Also may be the break in oil. Now at 1000 miles it hasnt done it.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
its just an anoyance but my fury slips into nuetral often when i go into 5th gear . it only has 350 miles
Mine does it every now and again, Its a combination of how hard up your shifting, the speed your going, and the clutch adjustment that usually affect it

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I personally have never had this problem on the fury, I have had something similar happen on older sportbikes though and just figured I didn't shift hard enough lol

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
My HD bro's have the same problem occasionally. Gotta ram that toe up there when shifting. those higher gears use smaller teeth. easy to overcome with practice. heck, I still miss a shift now and then.
i sound so cool when i hit neutral instead of 2nd.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
its just an anoyance but my fury slips into nuetral often when i go into 5th gear . it only has 350 miles
I thought all Hondas did this. Just push up more deliberately with your toe. ;)

...and just to be technically correct....it's not actually in neutral when this happens. It's in between 4th and 5th, in gear limbo. If it's actually falling all the way down to neutral, then you really have some major problems. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I thought all Hondas did this. Just push up more deliberately with your toe. ;)

...and just to be technically correct....it's not actually in neutral when this happens. It's in between 4th and 5th, in gear limbo. If it's actually falling all the way down to neutral, then you really have some major problems. :eek:
Could just call it the false neutral... but yea, that would be some serious problems.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Steveo dude, see there, you do contribute. more than you realize. as for being first or last...here's what you missed by not being first:
1. missing bolt w/ PowerFlo install- no problem. I'll make one. oops, i used a metric allen to bolt on an sae bolt.
resultant action: bored out allen hole. that bracket is never coming off.
2. bought a windscreen and didn't bother to check if the quick release bracket would interfere with the tank.
resultant action: oops, i have two cute little indentations on the front of my tank. the cannella risers moved the handle bars back--hence the two quick release knobs hit the tank during extreme turns.(i've since ground those knobs by 50% so that they don't hit the tank again.)

So Steveo, lament no more. sit back while the rest of us bleeding-edge gear-head wannabe's muck it up for you to learn from.

L8r

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Steveo dude, see there, you do contribute. more than you realize. as for being first or last...here's what you missed by not being first:
1. missing bolt w/ PowerFlo install- no problem. I'll make one. oops, i used a metric allen to bolt on an sae bolt.
2. bought a windscreen and didn't bother to check if the quick release bracket would interfere with the tank.
resultant action: oops, i have two cute little indentations on the front of my tank. the cannella risers moved the handle bars back--hence the two quick release knobs hit the tank during extreme turns.(i've since ground those knobs by 50% so that they don't hit the tank again.)

So Steveo, lament no more. sit back while the rest of us bleeding-edge gear-head wannabe's muck it up for you to learn from.

L8r
Lol... and ouch for that tank.. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts

L8r
Ouch, that hurts. I have enough of them to rite a book. Glad to know I'm not alone.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts

L8r
Hey, I appreciate the kinds words and I also appreciate you guys being my "guinea pigs" and going through the mistakes so I don't have to.....but that's just it. It would be nice if just once I could help you by making some mistakes you could learn from. I may be a selfish person, but I'd like to help out at least once in a while. ;) ....but hey, I tried to get that darn PowerFlo first and find that screws were missing and damage the ones that weren't. You should've just sat there and waited for mine to come in. :D

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
this is fun, guys. but, it's bike night at Hooters [in Pembroke Pines FL.] gotta get there before the street bikes get all the good spaces...ttfn

·
Registered
211 Posts
5th gear neutral

It just happened to me. Riding on a benefit ride about 80 miles and for the first time it happened to me. It was me not realizing i was already in 5th and looking for that 5th gear (again) Sometimes it would be nice having that 6th gear availability. Only did it once but still very odd feeling.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Now, that's another thread entirely: replace the tranny with a 6 speed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts