Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a National Cycle Street Shield but it’s hard to find good pictures to see what it’ll look like from the front, 3/4, and side views. Hoping somebody on here might be able to help me out with a photo or three? :)
Thanks, Daniel

·
Registered
555 Posts
Looking at getting a National Cycle Street Shield but it’s hard to find good pictures to see what it’ll look like from the front, 3/4, and side views. Hoping somebody on here might be able to help me out with a photo or three? :)
Thanks, Daniel
Hello,

I have no info on the National Cycle shield.

But I sure like the Memphis Shades " Speed Demon " cut on my Fury.

Can ride all day with no wind fatigue , flows with the chopper look and style.

Gradient black w/black brackets, ez on off mount.

Plenty pics in my albums.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hello,

I have no info on the National Cycle shield.

But I sure like the Memphis Shades " Speed Demon " cut on my Fury.

Can ride all day with no wind fatigue , flows with the chopper look and style.

Gradient black w/black brackets, ez on off mount.

Plenty pics in my albums.

View attachment 241888
I second this choice ,,,, looks GREAT! (I got one too!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the Speed Demon but the National is half the price. The Street Shield is a very similar size and shape to the Demon but I haven’t seen too many fury’s with one online.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I like the Speed Demon but the National is half the price. The Street Shield is a very similar size and shape to the Demon but I haven’t seen too many fury’s with one online.
Check the construction/material of the Street Shield vise the Speed Demon before buying. There may be a reason MOST choose Memphis over National! ALSO read what people have to say about how each holds up (cracking/breaking at speed)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Believe me, it's worth it.

The mounting brackets are made specific for the Fury.

Close tolerance to headlight and fork legs reduces wind immensely.

More importantly, the gradient black flows perfectly with black tank and maintains the chopper / Fury look .

You won't regret it !
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Helmet Vehicle

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just got one of the Speed Demons for Christmas, Does it need to be mounted so that it pretty much sits on top of the headlight? I've got it mounted as high up on the forks as it can go and it seems to be the optimal height from what I've read (top of the windscreen about at the tip of my nose)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I just got one of the Speed Demons for Christmas, Does it need to be mounted so that it pretty much sits on top of the headlight? I've got it mounted as high up on the forks as it can go and it seems to be the optimal height from what I've read (top of the windscreen about at the tip of my nose)
About 1/4 " gap above headlight.

Be sure and follow instructions about lowering turn signals.

·
Registered
48 Posts
About removing/loosening the things holding the wires? I took a lot of that stuff off when I replaced the front turn signals

·
Registered
555 Posts
About removing/loosening the things holding the wires? I took a lot of that stuff off when I replaced the front turn signals
I think you're good 👍.

It's about getting the signal brackets out of the way for shield mounts.

Reactions: Gizmo

·
Registered
251 Posts
This won't work with upper fork covers right? I have the covers to hide the extensions

·
Registered
846 Posts
It's literally whatever is comfortable for you. Everyone's bikes are going to be different from how tall you are, seats, riding position, fork extensions, triple tree rake, etc, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts